Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Started by Duck Sauce, January 25, 2003, 02:40:35 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Satcho9Well thats good that we got all that straightened out, but after seeing this movie I am convinced that Chuck Barris did not do any of the CIA shit he claims to have done.

What are your feelings on this?

Well, it's probably bullshit, but his co-workers all think it's kind of funny and say it's probably possible because he was gone for weeks at a time.

He was on Letterman recently regarding this.  He wasn't really saying it was true or B.S.  Letterman seems to think it's true.

He kept kind of suggesting it was true without saying it was.

example:
Letterman: "back in the eighties, you told Connie Chung that it was all made up"

Barris: "yeah, I was really scared...you don't mess around with those guys"

Letterman: "so you were lying to Connie Chung"

Barris: "probably"

Xixax

I have seen other interviews where Chuck slipped up and said things like (I am paraphrasing from memory): "If that stuff really happened" or "if it had actually happened" or something to that effect. This leads me to believe that Chuck has a phenomenal imagination but little of the CIA story would be based in fact.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

I saw an interview where he was stumbling pretty bad and concluded he had only killed 6 or 7 people.

RegularKarate

he's always said that he only killed six or seven people and that the number was exagerated for the screenplay.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: RegularKaratehe's always said that he only killed six or seven people and that the number was exagerated for the screenplay.

Sorry God

Satcho9

OK, I need things clarified. Did anyone see Artie Lange Confessions as a Bellboy? Someone says they did, I however did not.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Satcho9OK, I need things clarified. Did anyone see Artie Lange Confessions as a Bellboy? Someone says they did, I however did not.

IMDB says it's so, which is where he got that information I'm sure, but I certainly don't remember him in it.

Xixax

Quote from: Satcho9OK, I need things clarified. Did anyone see Artie Lange Confessions as a Bellboy? Someone says they did, I however did not.
I saw Artie Johnson! Does that count?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Satcho9

OK, IMDB does list him as being in it. But I did not see him at all. Weird

Jeremy Blackman

imdb is my only source of knowledge, ever

Newtron

Quote from: Jeremy Blackmanimdb is my only source of knowledge, ever

Duck Sauce is my only source of knowledge, ever.

Pedro

MacGuffin is my only source of information, ever.

MacGuffin

Okay, got my DVD today and just finished watching it.

The cinematography, compositions and editing were amazing. The transitions were beautiful and reminded me of those from "Tucker". It's too bad I didn't get to see them projected on the big screen. But as for a story, I never really felt that I got to know Chuck Barris, whether the whole CIA secret was real or not. I felt I knew more about the people around him that the man himself. Rockwell's portayal was great, but I didn't feel he had a complete character to play.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Quote from: MacGuffinOkay, got my DVD today and just finished watching it.

The cinematography, compositions and editing were amazing. The transitions were beautiful and reminded me of those from "Tucker". It's too bad I didn't get to see them projected on the big screen. But as for a story, I never really felt that I got to know Chuck Barris, whether the whole CIA secret was real or not. I felt I knew more about the people around him that the man himself. Rockwell's portayal was great, but I didn't feel he had a complete character to play.

I'm looking forward to seeing it over the weekend. Your mini review sounds similar to other things I've heard about the film: Some great acting and directing, but by no means a home run the first time out for Clooney. Hopefully it's the start of the start of a promising career though.

Pozer

Quote from: MacGuffinOkay, got my DVD today and just finished watching it.

I kinda sorta liked that though. It's supposed to be told from his POV. These are his Confessions of a Dangerous Mind after all.