How do you melt a girl with a heart of stone...?

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 05, 2003, 11:43:20 AM

phil marlowe

hey whatabout robocop 2? 'he's back to save the world from drugs, violence, prostitution...
...and tobacco!'

Pozer

YOU WON'T KNOW THE FACTS...UNTIL YOU SEE THE FICTION

dufresne

Quote from: tremoloslothWho's the one guy who always brings up Breakin'2:  Electric Boogaloo?  Yeah, he should post here

hmm....snaporaz?

-----

anyways...

Watch out Aliens... ... here comes Derek!
There are shadows in life, baby.

Cecil

my favorite has got to be the texas chainsaw tagline, which was allready mentioned above. other good ones:

your friends and neighbors "a modern immorality tale."

showgirls "leave your inhibitions at the door"

pink flamingos "an exercise in poor taste"

pink floyd the wall "the memories. the madness. the music... the movie"

godardian

Quote from: cecil b. demented

your friends and neighbors "a modern immorality tale."

Yes!! I used to have the poster hanging on my wall, but it got all ripped up during when I was moving. .
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ono

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThings fall down.  People look up.  And when it rains, it pours.

(Hey, you know someone was gonna say it sooner or later; just thought I'd get it out of the way.  ;))

Fuck, that avatar is awesomely perfect. I wish I'd thought of that. It doesn't stink.  :yabbse-thumbup:
Hehe, thanks.  At least we can agree on something.  ;)

godardian

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaThings fall down.  People look up.  And when it rains, it pours.

(Hey, you know someone was gonna say it sooner or later; just thought I'd get it out of the way.  ;))

Fuck, that avatar is awesomely perfect. I wish I'd thought of that. It doesn't stink.  :yabbse-thumbup:

I prefer Jay Sherman to Ebert. ::ducks::
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Onomatopoeia

I prefer Jay Sherman to Ebert. ::ducks::

i somehow in my mind think you look like jay sherman

MacGuffin

"Herbert West has a very good head on his shoulders...and another one in a dish on his desk." - "Re-Animator"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

trapped in time. surrounded by evil.  low on gas.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: godardianDo what Cecil does: Invite her over to your place, queue up Crash and In the Company of Men, and watch the stone just melt away...

what a great move!!!! I'm definately doing that.

Sleuth

Garage Days

I don't think I'll be seeing this movie, but the tagline is good...

"What if you finally got your big break and you just plain sucked?"
I like to hug dogs

"Being the adventures of a young man whose principal interests are rape, ultra-violence and Beethoven"

and the one from The Dreamers also comes to mind:

"Together anything is possible. Together nothing is forbidden."
context, context, context.

cine

"Going to grannies was never like this. They just love their grandchildren... well done!"

- Rabid Grannies

"An anatomically incorrect rock odyssey."
-Hedwig and The Angry Inch

"A Los Angeles crime saga."
-Heat

"It's a strange world. "
-Blue Velvet

"On the chain-gang they'd seen every kind of man - but Luke became a legend."
-Cool Hand Luke

"So...you love me totally?"
-Le Mépris

"Here comes the Bride..."