Directors with no Oscar..

Started by Myxo, August 06, 2004, 04:04:14 AM

Myxo

Didn't see a thread for this and having looked at the list I was shocked.

Which seems like the biggest crime of those listed?

I gotta go with either Kubrick or Hitchcock mainly because they are dead and left a monumental mark on film as we know it. That they didn't win the best directing category is a farce.

SHAFTR

I went with Ingmar Bergman...just because in my mind, he's the greatest director.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Gee, I wish we had a Director's Forum to put this in.

Edit: Oh wait a minute.

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Alethia

NEON MERCURY

modage

Quote from: MyxomatosisDidn't see a thread for this and having looked at the list I was shocked.
i believe this was talked about with most of the above list mentioned in some random thread someplace a year or more ago, but continue on...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

UncleJoey

Kubrick, followed by Bergman and Scorsese.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Finn

Kubrick (although I guess they won't be able to hand it to him now), Scorsese and Lynch...but what else did you expect from the academy (good taste and judgement...I think not)
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

billybrown