Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo

Started by MacGuffin, March 22, 2005, 11:16:25 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: August 12th, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Rob Schneider (Deuce Bigalow), Eddie Griffin (T.J. Hicks), Jean Reno.

Director: Mike Bigelow (feature debut)

Screenwriter: TJ Schneider (feature debut), David Garrett, Jason Ward (writing team of Corky Romano) and Josh Lieb (feature debut)

Premise: This movie continues the wondrous adventures of Deuce Bigalow (Schneider), whose gift to the world is the amazing ability to please women (AKA "Janes") in his role as a he-whore, a gigolo. Deuce is still relatively green to the profession, however, and so he is sent off to a school for gigolos in England where he can be trained to develop his full potential as a man whore. Once there, however, he discovers that 1) there is a secret society of he-whores that he didn't know about, 2) his rank in that society is very low and 3) someone is killing off many of the higher class gigolo cadets. Deuce is also introduced to a whole new gaggle of eager clientele, like Katrina, who lost her nose in a car accident which killed her brother, but luckily, one of his organs survived to be used as a skin graft... but it was the sort that now causes her nose to get longer when she gets sexually aroused (think about it). The fun all leads up to a big finale at the 73rd Annual Man Whore Awards.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

Based on the first film this film sucked...

Stefen

based on the first film this film will be better.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

metroshane

We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

SoNowThen

I don't think enough can be said about the brilliance of:

"a secret society of he-whores"
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

Oh yeah, what about this one

"We'd like a room for two knights please!"
I like to hug dogs

Alethia

Sleuth

And they were dressed in armor :bravo:  :lol:
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

I like how it is directed by Mike Bigelow.

grand theft sparrow

I admit liking the first one.  It's not genius or anything but it was an okay way to kill 90 minutes.

But the best I can say about this one is that Rob Schneider and Adam Sandler found the perfect way to go on vacation in Amsterdam for a few months and write it off on their taxes.  Even by shitty comedy standards, this was lazy and all-around awful.  I owe my friend $9 for covering my ticket... I'm not paying him.

If only this came out earlier, then people would realize that Dukes of Hazzard really isn't that bad.

polkablues

The only redeeming qualities the original had going for it were William Forsythe and the line "Don't make me he-bitch man-slap you."

The sequel, as I understand, contains neither.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Tryskadekafobia

I don't how unfunny the movie is, but Ebert's review of it is hilarious.

Quote from: TryskadekafobiaI don't how unfunny the movie is, but Ebert's review of it is hilarious.

hahaha totally. :laughing:
context, context, context.

hedwig

so is Rob Schneider the Pauly Shore of our times?

72teeth

Quote from: Hedwigso is Rob Schneider the Pauly Shore of our times?

Worse, he's the Rob Schneider of our time...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza