The Bourne Supremacy

Started by MacGuffin, April 13, 2004, 10:20:00 PM

MacGuffin

Release Date: July 23rd, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Matt Damon (David Webb, AKA Jason Bourne), Franka Potente (Marie Kreutz), Joan Allen (CIA Agent Helen Landy), Tomas Arana, Brian Cox (Ward Abbott), Tom Gallop, Julia Stiles (Nicolette), Karl Urban.

Director: Paul Greengrass (Bloody Sunday, The Theory of Flight)

Screenwriter: Tony Gilroy (Proof of Life, Dolores Claiborne, Extreme Measures, The Cutting Edge; cowriter of The Bourne Identity)

Based Upon: The 1986 novel, "The Bourne Supremacy", by Robert Ludlum (1927-2001), which forms the middle third of the Bourne Trilogy. Universal is dedicated to adapting all three books, with the first movie, The Bourne Identity, released in 2002 and the final one, "The Bourne Ultimatum", also in development.

Premise: When a Chinese vice-premier is executed by notorious assassin Jason Bourne, it causes serious trouble and hubbub in the CIA. Why? There is no "Jason Bourne", as that name is just a cover for CIA agent David Webb (Damon), so it appears that someone has taken the "Bourne identity" away from him, creating a diplomatic crisis between the U.S.A. and China. It's up to the real "Bourne" to find out who's behind this ruse, and hopefully return peace to the two nations before they go to war over it, while also protecting his girlfriend, Marie Kreutz (Potente), whose life is threatened by this latest imbroglio. Meanwhile, Nicolette (Stiles), who was the only survivor of the events in the first movie besides David/Jason and Marie, finds herself being suspected by her CIA superiors as being in cahoots with Jason. (Joan Allen plays a CIA agent who spends most of the movie trying to track him down; Urban plays one of the bad guys; Arana plays Allen's boss at the CIA)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

i didnt really like the first one...probably wont like this one. but i will end up seeing it anyway.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

GT, are you psyched for this film or what?  wasnt Bourne Identity in your all time favorites list?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

I think this was a very good film... Matt Damon was great and I liked how they shot the different scenes in Europe... especially the car chase in Paris...

We'll see what happens with this one... no trailer yet  :?

Raikus

I've been waiting for the next installment for a while. I liked the first movie and thought it'd be great to keep the movies related by characters and continuation. Plus, they didn't strive too far from the original novel.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

I am a fan of The Bourne Identity, Matt Damon and that trailer.  So, I'm sold.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

matt35mm

Well I loved Bloody Sunday.  So I'm excited that Paul Greengrass is the director.

Tictacbk

Does anyone remember the scene from Bourne Identity where the guy gets up and runs through a window off a balcony?  I laughed so hard when I saw that.  Overall i thought it was an enjoyable film, i'll look forward to the next one.

El Duderino

Quote from: TictacbkDoes anyone remember the scene from Bourne Identity where the guy gets up and runs through a window off a balcony?  

haha yeah, and then the girl's like "why did he just jump through the window?" i watched it like 2 days ago on Starz
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: themodernage02GT, are you psyched for this film or what?  wasnt Bourne Identity in your all time favorites list?

I'm really excited, but trying to down play my excitement. Bourne Identity was great in the little I expected from it and the little in the film I was really able to appreciate. Sure, The Bourne Identity could be seen as one of my fave films, but I was trying to be democratic with that list and spread out what films I voted for.

Raikus

The car crashes look brutal. The main thing I liked about Identity was the realism factor. It wasn't "special effect madness" or fight choreography by Yuen Wo-Ping--it looked like something you could really see happening. I think Supremacy will fill Identity's shoes.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

pete

he really shoulda stuck with them mr. ripley sequels.
I wonder how he's gonna top "riding a free falling deadbody while shooting another guy in the head" in this one.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

Quote from: RaikusThe car crashes look brutal. The main thing I liked about Identity was the realism factor. It wasn't "special effect madness" or fight choreography by Yuen Wo-Ping--it looked like something you could really see happening. I think Supremacy will fill Identity's shoes.

looked like something I could see happening?  that's funny, 'cause I couldn't see ANYTHING with them "stlylish" swoosh-pans and quick cuts.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Raikus

Well, I can't really say it was "funny" but the direction in the movie heightened the realism for me.

It was a much better action movie than nearly anything that's come out in the last five years.