Jackass: Number Two

Started by MacGuffin, June 14, 2006, 09:53:44 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: September 22nd, 2006 (wide)

Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Stephen Glover, Chris Pontius, Preston Lacy 

Directed by: Jeff Tremaine 

Premise: This sequel to the 2002 hit, based on the infamous MTV series in which Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, Bam Margera, and company regularly put their health and dignity on the line in an attempt to shock and amuse, gets the old gang back together for another round of gross, alarming, and funny hi-jinks.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

I don't know.  Some of it looks CGI to me.  Johnny Knoxville is too rich now to allow himself to get gored by a bull for real.

samsong

GodDamnImDaMan

It's funny  all of you guys who know me from the old PTA site, would think I'd LOVE this film. That it was a film that I would make.

I don't know if it's finally maturity catching on to me, but I honestly fear for the future of our films. Not to say the film wasn't entertaining, I saw it and laughed my ass off. However, the thought that someone made a great indie film that will not get represented by any studio pisses me off. Especially when this movie was the number grossing film of the weekend. For godsakes, Ebert and Ropper (sp?) gave it two thumbs up.

sigh...

Now if you excuse me, I have to make some more posts about creamin my pants.

(i'm a complete hipocrite)
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

picolas

someone made a great indie film that will not get represented by any studio?

last days of gerry the elephant

From the sketch plan to its result, that bungee jump was perfect.
Funny movie, and the bull intro did seem CGI to me. I think it was.

Weak2ndAct

I've never laughed harder in a movie theatre in my life.  Yeah, the musical finale is a soft note to go out on, but still-- if you want a good time, go see this.  It's amazing how much Knoxville will just throw himself in harm's way for the movie.  During the Rodeo-See-Saw, he has clearly won the game, yet still, he stays on the contraption.  Even when it breaks and collapses, he still goes toe-to-toe with the bull-- and he's the only one all behind standing in front of the riot bomb as well.  If you're sick of Bam and his show, you'll definitely like it, he gets it bad this time.  Yeah yeah, it's not a 'movie,' or whatever, but this is pure showmanship.  These guys know how to entertain an audience. 

MacGuffin

The baby powder 'poof' made me fall of the sofa laughing so hard. And I think the leech in the eye and the hook in the mouth were worse cringe moments than the paper cuts from the first one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Is it on DVD already? I totally missed it in theaters, to my chagrin.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

Quote from: Garam on December 28, 2006, 07:27:22 AM
That pubic hair beard was unbelievably cruel. Usually I find this sort of stuff funny, but that was really, really mean. I was hoping he'd crack and punch a few of them.
come on, you can't feel bad for anyone who hangs out in that crew.  you play with fire, you get burned and all that.  besides, that was the best part of the movie.

Pubrick

i'm surprised he didn't mention ricky gervais, or at least refer to the classic british comedy Dirty Sanchez.
under the paving stones.