Taking Lives

Started by MacGuffin, March 04, 2004, 10:27:04 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: March 19th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Angelina Jolie (FBI Agent Illeana Scott), Ethan Hawke (John Costa), Jean-Hugues Anglade, Paul Dano, Tcheky Karyo, Olivier Martinez, Gena Rowlands, Kiefer Sutherland.

Director Notes: D.J. Caruso (The Salton Sea).

Screenwriter: Jon Bokenkamp (the direct-to-video project, Bad Seed, AKA Preston Tylk).

Premise: Based upon the novel by British author Michael Pye, a successful FBI profiler, Illeana Scott (Jolie), is summoned to help out Canadian law enforcement in Montreal, to hunt down a serial killer who assumes the lives and identities (hence the title) of the people he kills as he travels across North America, which forces Illeana to adjust to working in a strange city with a police team with which she doesn't really fit in with. (Ethan Hawke plays a museum employee "deputized" into helping the effort to find an art professor wanted for stealing several priceless works).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

The trailer came on in the theater I was in and a woman behind yelled, "It takes some sick minds to come up with stuff like that!"
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ghostboy

The poster's kinda nice.

I liked Salton Sea enough to be interested in what DJ Caruso does next.

Gena Rowlands is awesome.

Angelina Jolie gets naked.

Not expecting much, but I'll see it.

GoneSavage

Angelina Jolie AND Kiefer Sutherland???

*masturbates furiously*

NEON MERCURY

....i liked the salton sea alot......there's not a whole lot of films that can end w/ the credits to the tune of a tantric song......but it was pulled off well in salton sea....also   i liked the cinematography of salton sea.....for  some reason i'm reall excited by this years film.s.....even though 2003 was rock solid....

modage

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/takinglives.html

watch the first 9 minute sof the movie there.  hey, whats with this new trend?  like, dawn of the dead is showing the first 10 minutes on usa or someplace soon and now that thing is showing theirs online.  is this good or bad?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

Quote from: Ghostboy

Angelina Jolie gets naked.

where did you hear this

Ghostboy

Early reviews on AICN.

Banky

yeah im going to see this on the sneak preview tonight

bonanzataz

yeah. it's all about paul dano.  8)
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

El Duderino

i've seen anjelina jolie naked twice...once in Gia and the other in Original Sin, and i cant get enough....plus she looks really great in this movie....those lips,

:lol: *Growls* Mamasita :lol:
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Banky

booo. not a very good movie.  performances were strong and i dug the visual style but the story wasnt there.  a couple good scares though.

El Duderino

Quote from: Bankybooo. not a very good movie.  performances were strong and i dug the visual style but the story wasnt there.  a couple good scares though.

took the words right outta my mouth....and it wasnt anything compared to my second viewing of spotless mind right before
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Chest Rockwell

Saw this right after Eternal Sunshine and this thing completely ruined all of my conversations for the rest of the day. The technical stuff was well-done, I guess (editing, in particular), but I didn't like the movie at all. The only thing(s) that redeemed it were Angelina Jolie's tatees, which were exquisite. Ethan Hawke had a nice performance, too, I suppose.

cine

Quote from: Chest RockwellThe only thing(s) that redeemed it were Angelina Jolie's tatees, which were exquisite.
That's depressing on more than a couple levels.