Desired Sequels

Started by Banky, June 29, 2003, 05:38:51 PM

MacGuffin

For mogwai:

A Police Academy Reunion Movie in the Works?
Source: About.com

Former football player and star of the "Police Academy" series, Bubba Smith revealed to About.com that a reunion movie is in the works. "Yeah, I think we might do one this year," he said.

Asked whether this would be a theatrical or TV production, Smith said, "theatrical. If we get all the people we want. We can get the whole cast, but there are some people that we want as our children who would be going in."

The veteran cast would apparently be training a new generation. Bubba says that a lot of the original cast, including Steve Guttenberg, are up for the project.

http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/weeklystories/a/aa040504b.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinPolice Academy Reunion
No offense to Mog, but this news belonged in this thread.  :wink:

mutinyco

I'm sure Steve Gutenberg could use the pocket change.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

El Duderino

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: MacGuffinPolice Academy Reunion
No offense to Mog, but this news belonged in this thread.  :wink:

harsh...yet so, so true
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

mogwai

Stefen

is this movie going to have the noise dude? god, I haven't seen these movies for years. Time for a drunken marathon.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

i love the first four movies and then it to started suck a little bit when they went to miami in the fifth. it went back to basis a little in the sixth but it was too late and the seventh is completely dreadful. but i'd like to point out that i'm an optimist and i'm looking forward for part eight. unless... steven guttenberg smiles through the whole god damn movie!

Rudie Obias

THE PROFESSIONAL 2:  KILL EVERYONE!!!!!!

grown up natalie portman as a very sexy assassin.....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

mutinyco

I heard they were going to try and market The Brown Bunny as a sequel to The Passion of the Christ. It's been retitled: The Res-Erection.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: mutinycoI heard they were going to try and market The Brown Bunny as a sequel to The Passion of the Christ. It's been retitled: The Res-Erection.

That made me laugh...

indiana

ninja turtle 4. i loved the first 2. but hated the 3rd one.
peace
SONIC BOOM!

oakmanc234

Hell yea, I second a new live-action 'TMNT' movie. I revisited the original the other day and.....unexpectedly.....it still kicks ass. It wasn't just a witty kids flick but a real 'punch the shit outta you' action movie too. I want another dammit! (*sits a realises it will never happen*....)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

NEON MERCURY

weekend at bernies 3: necrofunk

Chest Rockwell

I don't get the Brown Bunny jokes, either. Shit.

MacGuffin

Donner says Goonies 2 isn't happening
Source: Moviehole

A big, big blow for Goonies fans with Richard Donner announcing at the 'Superman : Extended Edition' screening at LA's Arclight that he will not be doing the sequel.

"Afraid not. Donner told the audience after someone shouted out for Goonies II", says a scooper for Dark Horizons. "He said they tried but didn't live up to the original so no Goonies. Now, he said no but I don't know if it means it will never happen. He may have said he's out of the chair but it doesn't mean another director, ie Sean Astin, couldn't take over. I guess we'll have to wait and see".

And what’s he think of Warner’s plans for a new "Superman" movie? "He isn't too thrilled with the idea of making a new Superman movie. He feels it was already done so why do it again. Unlike Lucas, he was and still is very happy with the special effects. Despite the fact they are over 25 years old they hold up. I know many people kinda grinned at the model shots of the raging river approaching the homes that Superman saves. You just go with what you got and enjoy it. He touched upon Superman II and his involvement but no talk about the possiblity of a new Donner cut".

Next up for Donner is "a western written by Brian Helgeland".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks