NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

deathnotronic

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I know this has turned into a WoW thread, but I would like to bring up that I've been playing GTA:SA a lot more lately.  I played it a lot at first, burned out easily, and have become addicted to it worse than before, now.  

I've taken over all of the gang territory, and I found somewhat of a glitch.  There is one Ballas territory that is a dock/pier.  It's the longest one (I'm pretty sure there are two).  It's the one on the most Southwestern part of the gang territories.  For some reason, the gang members seem to spawn under water at the very bottom of the ocean.  I'm sure you'll notice a problem when you try to swim and attack... you can't.  You also (unless you type in the code for Infinite Lung Capacity, or have worked up some serious swimming skill) can't reach them, anyway.  For some reason, they can't drown and are able to shoot at you from the bottom of the lake.  

I tried throwing grenades, but they explode before they can reach them.  What's relatively difficult is shooting rockets from the side of the dock/pier because the guys are right up against the wall.  You have to shoot alongside the wall without shooting too close to the edge and blowing yourself up.  I came to the conclusion of spawning a Hunter or Hydra, landing it over the indicators of where they are on the map and when the vehicle tips forward to use the rockets/gatling guns to fire at them, if you can see them.

It is a ridiculous extent and grew tedious very fast, but those became the only apparent ways to overcome that problem.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

I've had that same problem, though not to that extent.  Usually what happens is, I'll kill the whole wave of Ballas, stand there for a few minutes wondering why nothing is happening, then finally realize there's still one dot on the map, way out in the middle of the water.  A couple of times I just gave up and left, but one time I was able to get him with the sniper rifle, just sort of aiming in the general vicinity and popping off a few shots.

On a related note, I just bought a PSP (money that I couldn't really justify spending), and am anxiously awaiting "Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories".  I can play GTA on line at the DMV!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Myxo

Blah blah.

Finally made level 50 with my Hordie Warrior.

Hey, it's 3 AM.

Zzz..

deathnotronic

Quote from: MyxoBlah blah.

Finally made level 50 with my Hordie Warrior.

Hey, it's 3 AM.

Zzz..

Grats man. I farmed all night until 9 in the morning and now I have a haircut. damn.

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SHAFTR

for $40 I just picked up Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix and a pad for Xbox.  Anyone here play DDR?  I laughed at it at first but it really is a lot of fun.  Not a bad workout either.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Brazoliange

I play DDR and In The Groove 2 in arcades. Really close to my first heavy AAA and I've cleared all the songs in DDR, up to 12's in ITG2. If you want some more information about the games, check ddrfreak.com and itgfreak.com (forums) :)
Long live the New Flesh

squints

Def Jam: Fight For NY is one of the best fighting games out there...DOA3 being the best
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Correction: Tekken 5 is the best fighting game out there.

Worst popular fighting game currently: Guilty Gears series.  That shit is too insane.  You're just mashing buttons, gameplay moves way too fast... if they want 2 lanes of fighting, why not just make it 3D?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SHAFTR

squints

Tekken and Virtua Figher will never come close to DOA3...and good lord DOA4 looks amazing...i predict it will suck many hours of my life away.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SHAFTR

Quote from: squintsTekken and Virtua Figher will never come close to DOA3...and good lord DOA4 looks amazing...i predict it will suck many hours of my life away.

SHAFTR

Nintendo Revolution Controller Announced

this looks insane....and honestly, an awful idea.