What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

MacGuffin

Multiple retail sources have contacted The Digital Bits in the last 24 hours to say that they're being told to tentatively expect Warner's Matrix Revolutions on DVD on April 6th. No further information is available at this time, so take that for what you will.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Works for me... at least they didnt go through the dumb idea of Dec-Jan release...

indiana

the matrix 3 sucks. that all i want to say.
SONIC BOOM!

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: Slogpeace

"And if you fail?"

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

i really love this movie the more i think about it. it saddens me deeply that it was poorly received. i think ppl were just tired of the matrix. part of me wishes they released revolutions a year later, in the spring or something. i dunno. it's such a great series that is unjustly criticized.  :(

RegularKarate

Nah, it just kinda sucked.

I wish they would have released it not sucky, then people would like it better.

(Just messin' with you CB)

Pubrick

i thought u were serious for a sec, in which case i would've agreed.

no offence to u personally cb, but the more i think about it the less i like it. the structure of it, mainly, is tedious. i could never sit through those 40mins of no neo or trinity without fast fowarding. there were great parts, but they all took place in the matrix. and of course the real sun. other than that, man, months later and i still feel really disappointed with it. it's like the wachowskis forgot how to make a good movie. where are all the memorable images? there were like 2. the dialogue was incredibly weak.. and i'm not just gonna accept it cos it's sposed to be cheesy, the first two were not that cheesy. they were smart. i think when they were cutting/making this movie, the wachowskis were too interested in cross-dressing and not focusing at all on story/character/tone.

revolutions would work better as a book.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I was serious in that I think it sucked a little

mainly because of the sucky parts

©brad

the thing is, ppl tend to put certain movies on a higer pedestal that others, and they expect more from certain films/filmmakers, which i think is bullshit. you should have the same rating scale for all movies. if you think revolutions didn't live up to the expectations you had for it, okay. (even though its impossible to fulfill everyone's expectations for the trilogy) ppl are so unreasonably harsh on it. it's like the team that loses the superbowl is treated as the biggest underdog of the whole year. it's stupid; atleast they made it to the fucking superbowl in the first place!!

Banky

Quote from: ©bradppl are so unreasonably harsh on it. it's like the team that loses the superbowl is treated as the biggest underdog of the whole year. it's stupid; atleast they made it to the fucking superbowl in the first place!!

great fucking quote

Pubrick

um yeah well i wasn't talking about the superbowl.

the movie fails me as a movie in general. i've actually been really lenient on it cos it's a wachowski.

i'm OK with a 2-out-of-3 trilogy, as i said in the last page. there is no shame in that.
under the paving stones.

godardian

Quote from: P
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWhich one are you speaking of? Temple of Doom?
that is correct.

Funny... Temple of Doom is not only easily my favorite Indie.... er, Indy movie, but also easily my favorite Spielberg movie. It's got some nice pulpy juice to it.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pete

Quote from: ©bradthe thing is, ppl tend to put certain movies on a higer pedestal that others, and they expect more from certain films/filmmakers, which i think is bullshit. you should have the same rating scale for all movies. if you think revolutions didn't live up to the expectations you had for it, okay. (even though its impossible to fulfill everyone's expectations for the trilogy) ppl are so unreasonably harsh on it. it's like the team that loses the superbowl is treated as the biggest underdog of the whole year. it's stupid; atleast they made it to the fucking superbowl in the first place!!

but as part of a trilogy, it should be at least on-par with the rest, therefore creating the expectation and the hyping it up is only the normal thing to do.  It's like a movie that starts out great and ends shitty (like snake eyes for example), you're going to notice the shift in tone and shift in quality, and just because a team makes it to the superbowl doesn't mean it can't suck on the night of the big game.

if a movie is good, then obviously you expect the same combination of filmmakers and actors to be good again.  THEY're the ones that create the hype, they're the ones that hope the audience will expect more, and they're the ones TELLING the audience to expect more, thus the huge cliff hanger at the end of the second movie (and the second movie is essentially a huge trailer for the third one).  So criticizing the people who dislike it because it failed their expectation, but not the filmmakers themselves, is foolish.

But all that was just for argument's sake, I didn't even think the third one was good just a movie by itself.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Matrix Box Set Planned
So says Joel Silver in an interview.
Source: IGN DVD

December 23, 2003 - The Matrix producer Joel Silver has answered one of the most common questions: will there be a box set for The Matrix series? The answer is yes.

In the December 2003 issue of DVD Etc., on newsstands now, Silver discusses the film, among other things, and says the following:

We're planning to do staggering things with it in the future. There will be a box set of all three 'Matrix' films.

When asked about special features, he said it was being decided, and added that he would like to do another transfer of the first Matrix film.

He didn't give any time frame for this. So there you have it, a little gift of news from Joel Silver.

Skeleton FilmWorks