What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SHAFTRbut in "The Matrix" didn't they say the Machines used the sun as power first?

That's why the sky was scorched.

but since the sun was just above the clouds, instead of turning to humans as power, why not just still use the sun?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRbut since the sun was just above the clouds, instead of turning to humans as power, why not just still use the sun?

The A.I. machines (who turned on their makers) and humans were at war at that time:

MORPHEUS
         We don't know who struck first.  Us
         or them.  But we do know it was us
         that scorched the sky.  At the time,
         they were dependent on solar power.
         It was believed they would be unable
         to survive without an energy source
         as abundant as the sun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        MORPHEUS
         The Machines discovered a new form
         of fusion.  All they needed was a
         small electrical charge to initiate
         the reaction.

The fetus is suspended in a placenta-like husk, where its
malleable skull is already growing around the brain-jack.

MORPHEUS
         The human body generates more
         bioelectricity than a 120-volt
         battery and over 25,000 B.T.U.'s of
         body heat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, from an earlier draft:

MORPHEUS
         At first all they wanted was to be
         treated as equals, entitled to the
         same human inalienable rights.
         Whatever they were given, it was
         not enough.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: SHAFTRbut since the sun was just above the clouds, instead of turning to humans as power, why not just still use the sun?

The A.I. machines and humans were at war at that time:

MORPHEUS
         We don't know who struck first.  Us
         or them.  But we do know it was us
         that scorched the sky.  At the time,
         they were dependent on solar power.
         It was believed they would be unable
         to survive without an energy source
         as abundant as the sun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        MORPHEUS
         The Machines discovered a new form
         of fusion.  All they needed was a
         small electrical charge to initiate
         the reaction.

The fetus is suspended in a placenta-like husk, where its
malleable skull is already growing around the brain-jack.

MORPHEUS
         The human body generates more
         bioelectricity than a 120-volt
         battery and over 25,000 B.T.U.'s of
         body heat.

so you are saying that since they were at war, it was easier for them to use humans as a source of energy rather than reaching for the sun again (since the Humans could have stopped them then as well).  That makes sense.

Note:  I'm not a Matrix hater like it seems to be the thing to do.  I still love the original, I just don't think the 2nd & 3rd ones helped the franchise/first film out.  I think it would have been better to just stick with one film.

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRso you are saying that since they were at war, it was easier for them to use humans as a source of energy rather than reaching for the sun again (since the Humans could have stopped them then as well).  That makes sense.

Not only that, the machines, because they were A.I., were becoming more human than human, sorta speak. They turned on their makers (See the edit I added to my above post). Thus, the war and the destruction of the "real world".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: SHAFTRso you are saying that since they were at war, it was easier for them to use humans as a source of energy rather than reaching for the sun again (since the Humans could have stopped them then as well).  That makes sense.

Not only that, the machines, because they were A.I., were becoming more human than human, sorta speak. They turned on their makers (See the edit I added to my above post). Thus, the war and the destruction of the "real world".

Which the Animatrix kind of explained.  Gotcha.

I think I have run the Matrix Gauntlet...all 3 films (2 dvds), The Animatrix & I beat Enter the Matrix.

©brad

yeah, i need to do that too. macman, have u seen the animatrix yet? no one up in this piece has really talked about it yet, as far as i know. i'm gonna buy it soon.

Weak2ndAct

The Animatrix is really great stuff.  Half of the shorts are pertinent to the movies, the others are just fun extrapolations ("Beyond" being my favorite-- a glitched out spot in the Matrix creates a 'haunted house' of sorts where anything's possible).  I had the good fortune to catch this on the big screen, and it was just simply amazing with the big picture and super loud sound.  I really wish they woulda went limited release w/ this or something, they coulda made a few bucks.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©bradmacman, have u seen the animatrix yet?

Yes. Not a bad off-spring project. Great animation. Worth having for further Matrix explanations.

Quote from: ©bradno one up in this piece has really talked about it yet, as far as i know. i'm gonna buy it soon.

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2013

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I personally think the Terminator movies are better prequels to the Matrix than The Second Rennaisance on the Animatrix DVD -- it just wasn't too my taste. All of the pieces were interesting, but I'd rent it first...unless you're a completist.

brockly

i feel like a bit of a dick asking this, and im not sure if its been asked before; haven't looked through the whole thread. can someone please explain to me how neo could control shit in the 'real world'. i know it was explained, there was a bit where the oracle was saying something about how he stopped the sentinels (or however you spell it), but i didn't quite catch on and obviously its a very important part. thanks.

Banky

i will see if i can handle this one and give mac a break form the Q and A

the oracle said that the ones power goes farther than just the matrix.  It extends all the way back to the source.  Therefore he has the power to control thinks in both worlds because in essence, everything was created from the source.

does that help?

maybe mac could explain better

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bankyi will see if i can handle this one and give mac a break form the Q and A

Quote from: Bankymaybe mac could explain better

Wow, Banky, that was a faster break than Shaq and Kobe.

Neo
Tell me how I separated my mind
from my body without jacking in.
Tell me how I stopped four sentinels
by thinking it. Tell me just what the
hell is happening to me.

Oracle
The power of the One extends
beyond this world. It reaches from
here all the way back to where it
came from.

Neo
Where?

Oracle
The Source. That's what you felt when
you touched those Sentinels. But you
weren't ready for it. You should be dead,
but apparently you weren't ready for that,
either.

Neo
The Architect told me that if I didn't return
to the Source, Zion would be destroyed by
midnight tonight.

Oracle
Please. You and I may not be able to see
beyond our own choices, but that man can't
see past any choices.

Skeleton FilmWorks

markums2k

Quote from: Jay Pinkerton of www.pointlesswasteoftime.comMatrix Reloaded's cliffhanger ending left a lot of unanswered questions: namely, how could Neo have stopped those sentinels with his mind? Unless... the real world was a matrix too! Holy shit!

Luckily, this wasn't the case. After six long months of waiting, Revolutions offers up the big pay-off when Neo marches into the Oracle's kitchen and demands the answers we've been waiting to hear since Reloaded. "Why is it I can stop Machines with my mind in the real world? How come I can jack into the matrix with my mind? What the hell's going on?"

The Oracle spills the beans. "You have a connection to the Source." Then Neo kind of nods a little, and the Oracle continues to smoke, and they change the subject.

So, there it was all along. Matrix within a matrix --- pfffff. You kids. All this time, it's been as plain as the nose on your face: Neo has a connection to the Source.

The Source. A connection to it. Neo. Connected. Then they change the subject and talk about something else. The Source. Six months' wait.

If you enjoyed that, there's more.  A lot more.  Follow the white rabbit.

167 Days of Fan Speculation, Revisited.

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/resolutions.html

Sleuth

Quote from: markums2k
Quote from: Jay Pinkerton of www.pointlesswasteoftime.comMatrix Reloaded's cliffhanger ending left a lot of unanswered questions: namely, how could Neo have stopped those sentinels with his mind? Unless... the real world was a matrix too! Holy shit!

Luckily, this wasn't the case. After six long months of waiting, Revolutions offers up the big pay-off when Neo marches into the Oracle's kitchen and demands the answers we've been waiting to hear since Reloaded. "Why is it I can stop Machines with my mind in the real world? How come I can jack into the matrix with my mind? What the hell's going on?"

The Oracle spills the beans. "You have a connection to the Source." Then Neo kind of nods a little, and the Oracle continues to smoke, and they change the subject.

So, there it was all along. Matrix within a matrix --- pfffff. You kids. All this time, it's been as plain as the nose on your face: Neo has a connection to the Source.

The Source. A connection to it. Neo. Connected. Then they change the subject and talk about something else. The Source. Six months' wait.

If you enjoyed that, there's more.  A lot more.  Follow the white rabbit.

167 Days of Fan Speculation, Revisited.

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/resolutions.html

Haha, I enjoyed that a lot.  That's pretty much how I felt.  We didn't really have to hear that one sentence from her, we all speculated that as soon as we saw the end of Reloaded.
I like to hug dogs

©brad

picolassssss, where r u? get ur happy ass in a cab and go see it already!