P.O.D.

Started by oakmanc234, May 29, 2003, 04:36:17 AM

oakmanc234

Any fans? They're probably my favourite new/nu (whatever) band. Proving that you can still be hard-core without swearing. I love most of their stuff, some of their songs are the music equivalent of action films (probably why they're on so many soundtracks).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

phil marlowe

the majority of nu-metal is shit but p.o.d. is above average. i dont really like them but theyre okai i guess. the best nu-meatal band right now is imo chimaira and i think they are the only ones throwing riffs that kicks you in the face.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

dont know shit about them, but after 9 11 for a few weeks when i would hear that song alive on the radio, it felt kinda WOW it gave me a rush

like fuck im a survivor, after that of course i would have no choice but to put on destinys child and get down with my bad self

just kidding about the destinys child , but isnt it weird how sometimes a song can take on a new meaning

i just dug that chorus , the rest of the song i just i dunno

and to this day i have no clue what any of their other songs are

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiTrivia: Their album 'Satellite' was released on 9/11.

I guess it was a good omen or something.

I feel so alive! For the very first time.....and I think I can fly!

..........They are evil!  :twisted:

Ghostboy

Hmmm....I really can't stand them. At all. But that's just me.

I do think Destiny's Child has put out a few catchy tunes, though. Bootylicious was awesome!!!  :lol:

European Son

They're good in the context nu metal, but they're crap overall. No one in that genre or whatever it is touches Deftones right now.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: European SonThey're good in the context nu metal, but they're crap overall. No one in that genre or whatever it is touches Deftones right now.
'

Would you define Deftones as Nu-Metal. I wouldn't.....The new album is obviusly not!

European Son

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Would you define Deftones as Nu-Metal. I wouldn't.....The new album is obviusly not!
Well, I really wouldn't. But they tend to get lumped in with those other bands.

Quote from: GhostboyHmmm....I really can't stand them. At all. But that's just me.

I do think Destiny's Child has put out a few catchy tunes, though. Bootylicious was awesome!!!  :lol:

ohh i agree i love destinys child

godardian

I hate so-called nu-metal. And rap-rock. Certifiable pop-genius curmudgeon Luke Haines called it "Mummy, I will not clean up my room!" music. And he was right.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Quote from: godardianI hate so-called nu-metal. And rap-rock. Certifiable pop-genius curmudgeon Luke Haines called it "Mummy, I will not clean up my room!" music. And he was right.

in all fairness non of these bands go on the road with out a copy of

" LA CHAMBRE CLAIRE"

so lets not be so quick to turn our noses up my very gay friend

godardian

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan

" LA CHAMBRE CLAIRE"

Maybe if they did, their music would be of some use or interest.

In my experience, the quicker you turn your nose up at things that don't make any difference, the sooner you can go on to things that do.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Quote from: godardian

" LA CHAMBRE CLAIRE"

In my experience, the quicker you turn your nose up at things that don't make any difference, the sooner you can go on to things that do.

yes i see how rap metal could come across as cheesy, but no more cheesy then a lot of things in this world

i find your name picture combos to be ohh so how we say cheesy

godardian

You've said it before, and you'll say it again. As long as it remains true, I'll know I've chosen correctly.

Quote from: godardian

You've said it before, and you'll say it again. As long as it remains true, I'll know I've chosen correctly.

what remains true that you sound like a douche , im not being a jerk here

im just saying that is the vibe that is coming off, so i dont understand the part about chooseing corectly

the funniest thing about you and well people like yourself they see my screen name and lack of grammor and they think

ok he is a kevin smith/vin diseal guy who likes beer

but yet i could talk to you for quite a bit about roland barthes

and thats my point about how sometimes its not wise to roll your eyes so quick at things just because you have given them a shallow once over

who knows you just may love that band korn, granted i am much cooler then rap metal and any attempt to connect me with that genra is just wrong

but you get my point, and my point is julio iglasies is a good man