favorite death scenes...[click for spoilers]

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 23, 2005, 11:24:15 PM

NEON MERCURY

what is your top 5 favorite death scenes

#1 ///lost highway///
-that dude who gets fucked up by the summersault and the head smash into the coner of that table

# 2 ///undertow///
that dude who gets his throat slit while watching it happen...

# 3 /// demonlover///
that dude who be fucking my girl connie then she blasts him in the face and he wiggles like a worm cut in half

# 4 ///alien///
that dude who gets that alien coming out of his stomach

# 5 /// hannibal///
that dude who get his guts ripped out on the balcony like his ancestors before him..

Pubrick

another impossible thread.

think about it,  for sum movies just seeing the title here is a spoiler in itself. especially where we weren't sposed to know that anyone dies in them.
under the paving stones.

pete

I coulda sworn there's a similar thread...but whatever.

some reason they're all Japanese or kinda Japanese

1) battle royale - every death
2) crying out love in the center of the world - it'll make anyone cry
3) kill bill - c'mon, it had cool deaths
4) tampopo - when the sick mom made the family food
5) blue spring - 1234567891011
6) sword of doom - kinda like a butch cassidy thing
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

Quote from: peteI coulda sworn there's a similar thread...but whatever.

some reason they're all Japanese or kinda Japanese

1) battle royale - every death
2) crying out love in the center of the world - it'll make anyone cry
3) kill bill - c'mon, it had cool deaths
4) tampopo - when the sick mom made the family food
5) blue spring - 1234567891011
6) sword of doom - kinda like a butch cassidy thing

don't think this is weird or anything, but last night I dreamed you would say this
I like to hug dogs

72teeth

I love when the death scenes are just so subtle, like in Storytelling, the whole family is asleep and then housekeeper fills the house with carbon-mynocide(sp), no fuss, no drama, theyre just all dead.
An even better example is in 2001, the astronauts in hyper-sleep, alarms go off and they go from a sound sleep to dead meat and you'd never fuckn know by looking at them.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Redlum

And from subtle to...

The sheet of glass decapitation in The Omen. Even more so because it really happened (or was that whole "Curse of the Omen" thing a big marketing scam?)
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Myxo

Saving Private Ryan when a German soldier slowly plunges his dagger into that American soldier's chest. The perfect look on his face and the calming whisper is chilling.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: peteI coulda sworn there's a similar thread...but whatever.

if there is then the search button really doesn't work...

more death please...!

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Suspiria.  Didn't really like the movie overall, but when the woman fell into the fiberwire or whatever it was, and she kept struggling to get out but kept getting cut up worse... that was pretty cool.  Especially the colors.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

grand theft sparrow

Man on Fire - C4 in the ass

Predator 2 - Busey cut in half

Pulp Fiction - "Aw, man! I shot Marvin in the face." Easy but has to be represented.

Big Trouble in Little China - the fat guy that exploded

Dr. Strangelove - the ending

Pubrick

no seriously, INLAND EMPIRE has the BEST death scene at the end.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

haha..

you've better not found a script online somewhere... :yabbse-wink:

samsong

MacGuffin

1.)

Enough said.

2.) The foot to the back of the head scene in American History X. (It's still hard for me to watch. I almost threw-up when I first saw it.)

3.) The death of HAL in 2001.

4.) Leon's grenade pin reveal in The Professional.

5.) Quint still fighting the shark as he's being eaten in Jaws.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks