Love Like Poison

Started by wilder, May 08, 2011, 07:12:53 PM

wilder

Synopsis:

Anna a young teenager comes home from her Catholic boarding school for the holidays and discovers her father has left. Her mother is devastated and confined in the company of the local priest, who is also a childhood friend. Anna clings to her beloved grandfather. She also grows close to Pierre, a free-spirited teenager who cares little about God. Anna is preparing for her confirmation, but her budding desire for Pierre shakes her faith. She longs to give herself over, body and soul... but doesn't know if it is to God, or something else?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1646985/

Here's the trailer, no US distribution as of now.

http://youtu.be/KZfdbljMIe4

Sleepless

Just the description piqued mine. Would be interested in seeing this.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

matt35mm

A French film about the budding sexuality of a young girl? WELL I NEVER!

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Personally I prefer the broader European tradition of films about the budding sexuality of a young girl for another girl(s).
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Pas

Nobody who commented has watched the trailer because what the fuck?! It's the official trailer too, not even some fanmade stuff.

There is no forgivable reason for that song to be used for that trailer.

Pubrick

the trailer looks official but maybe the music is fan-inserted?

seriously wtf.

but then trailers have always stolen other movies' music, and now other movies' trailer music.
under the paving stones.

diggler

after reading all your posts I was expecting Lux Aeterna or some other beat to death trailer music, but that's a pretty specific ripoff.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

polkablues

Does somebody want to just tell me what the music is so I don't have to actually watch the trailer?
My house, my rules, my coffee

wilder

I'm actually surprised anybody replied to this thread.

And it's "Creep".

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

He left out that it's sung by an elementary school's pre-lunch post-p.e. choir class.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

jerome

I just want to point out that in France, that Lio woman is better known for this:

Stefen

Isn't it the same cover from the Social Network trailer?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Quote from: Stefen on May 10, 2011, 02:46:44 AM

That's my first movie memory that felt like an acid flashback.

Pubrick

Quote from: Stefen on May 10, 2011, 02:46:44 AM

yes that's what i thought was weird and that the trailer didn't really seem to imply creepiness as part of the story.. other than that it might be for creeps.

as far as i knew that choir version of creep was made specifically for the social network trailer.. am i wrong?
under the paving stones.