The Lovely Bones

Started by Ghostboy, April 23, 2004, 11:16:38 AM

SiliasRuby

its ruined by entertainment tonight, not EW
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

oh my god. i'm never watching another et-posted trailer for a film i care about again. how can they not understand what they're doing to the footage??

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Anyone else get the feeling Wahlberg seems to be in over his head in this? I don't know if he has the range to pull that particular character off.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

yep.

Quote from: modage on October 22, 2007, 08:12:55 AM
uh oh.  Mark Wahlberg can't act, so, you know, he just ruined this.

Quote from: modage on October 15, 2008, 08:51:44 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on October 13, 2008, 11:47:20 PM
"I'm not one of those Shakespearean actors that thinks about the color blue or goes to that place or thinks about that place when I wanted to hide and be alone as a kid,"
no shit. 

see: most of his films.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

haha. well, I don't think Wahlberg is that bad. As a matter of fact, I think in the right role he can do very well but this doesn't seem like that type of role.

Wasn't Gosling supposed to play his role originally? He's a better actor but he's pretty young. I don't know if I buy him as the father of teenagers.

Jackson's casting has always been hit and miss.

Alexandro

any character which combines intensity plus stupidity equals a wonderful mark whalberg performance.

anything else, open guess.

cinemanarchist

I have a theory that Mark Wahlberg will ruin your movie if you let him. His acting is terrible by nature, but in the right role (Boogie Nights) the terrible acting can go a long way or if he only has to give a one-note performance being an asshole (The Departed) he can do that as well. In life I think he's an asshole that's also a terrible actor, but if you can harness that you can do great things. Peter Jackson is not the strongest director when it comes to actors, he's like a classy George Lucas, and so I think this performance could be terrible but the movie still looks intriguing.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

what a dishonest trailer. clearly they're trying to sell it as a thriller. parts of it feel too sentimental but that may just be terrible editing. heaven looks fantastic.

Jesus

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Jesus on August 05, 2009, 05:58:37 PM
Quote from: picolas on August 05, 2009, 02:21:20 PM
heaven looks fantastic.

It's all right, I guess.
Sounds like you think it might be overrated
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Jesus

Not as overrated as the book "The Lovely Bones", though.

did it bother anyone else that the beginning of the trailer is a normal narrative of the gist of the film but with tiny pieces not necessarily in order and then out of nowhere it shows what appears to be a very critical scene almost in its entirety?