Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

cine

Quote from: SydneyBesides, it may be a long time for the DVD!
Well it'll be before Kill Bill Vol. 2 is released......

brockly

Quote from: Weak2ndActVol. 1 will surely be out before February when we get the rest of the movie.

Quote from: CinephileWell it'll be before Kill Bill Vol. 2 is released......

how do you guys know this?

bonanzataz

let's break it down brock.

ASSUME

when you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME (me meaning you're building my damn hopes up and the DVD probably won't be out until next october or some shit).

i couldn't wait. i got a bootleg yesterday and have watched the movie 2 times since. and i think i'm going to see it for the final time in theaters this week before it moves out. i'm a sick, desperate individual.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

Well, you know they're going to try to milk it for all its worth, so they'll release the DVD right before Volume 2 comes out (a la Matrix Reloaded), then they'll release V. 2 on dvd in the summer, and then the deluxe edition will be out by next Christmas.

Finn

Kill Bill has finally left the top ten box office list. :cry:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

It's going to hurt to see Brother Bear surpass Kill Bill for box office. Not like I expected the BB audience to get into KB, but still. The idea of films like BB and TCM drawing more money than a Tarantino film upsets me.

Alethia

dont you feel kinda proud tho?

cine

I'm proud it's going to make lots of profit, but depressed that a lot of people were more interested in something like the TCM.

Alethia

it makes me feel smarter lol

cine

No, see.. for me, it makes me feel dumber knowing I live in a society that would prefer a shitty horror remake over a Tarantino film.

Alethia

Finn

I completly agree with Cinephile, it just happens over and over. I guess the audience has never listen to Wise Up by Aimee Mann. Oh wait, they don't even know and don't care who Aimee Mann even is! :evil:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ElPandaRoyal

But I really can understand that some people may not like something like Kill Bill or Magnolia. Let's face it, one is a movie where we see a whire holding an airplane and the other is a movie that's 3 hours long and we have a rain of frogs. It's not easy for people who don't really care about movies as an art form to sit through this. Most of us love the movies, because whe LOVE movies. It's a shame that some people can't get these movies (and I don't mean "get" as "I'm a fucking genious and you're stupid and don't understand the movie"), but I can understand them.
Si

cine

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumIt's not easy for people who don't really care about movies as an art form to sit through this.
This could lead to the topic of the philosophy of film and what the medium is for, and where the popular culture has been directed for a the past couple decades.
Basically, I think the average person should be attracted to a PTA or Tarantino film.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: CinephileBasically, I think the average person should be attracted to a PTA or Tarantino film.

Explain :)
Si