A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Started by MacGuffin, January 30, 2008, 12:51:16 AM

MacGuffin

Another 'Nightmare' for New Line
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Freddy's back. Again.

New Line is in talks with horror production company Platinum Dunes to relaunch the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" movie series, the franchise that helped establish the studio.

Partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form will produce the remake.

The first "Nightmare" movie was written and directed by Wes Craven and released in 1984. Its runaway success spawned a slew of films and created one of the most popular villains in screen history, Freddy Krueger, played by Robert Englund.

The films' premise centered on Krueger, a serial child killer murdered by angry parents who returns with a burned face and razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams.

A writer will be hired when the strike ends.

Platinum Dunes is prepping another relaunch, "Friday the 13th," which will be directed by Marcus Nispel for New Line, for whom they remade "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and its sequel.

The company is remaking "Near Dark" for Rogue and "The Birds" for Universal. It also is prepping a nonremake project, an untitled David Goyer thriller.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 30, 2008, 12:51:16 AM
It also is prepping a nonremake project, an untitled David Goyer thriller.

Which they will immediately remake.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Teen Spirit" director Samuel Bayer to helm new Nightmare On Elm Street
Source: SciFi Wire

Risky Business reports that Samuel Bayer will direct the proposed remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street for Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes company.

Bayer is known for his commercials and music videos, especially Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Blind Melon's "No Rain."

Bayer is also signed on to helm Fiasco Heights, a thriller Platinum Dunes is producing for Universal.

Platinum Dunes' Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are joining Bay in producing Nightmare, which observes its 25th anniversary this year. Bay, Fuller and Form are also producers of the Friday the 13th reboot movie, which opens Friday.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Is Jackie Earle Haley ready to play Freddy in Nightmare on Elm Street?

Bloody-Disgusting is reporting a new rumor, first teased by Latino Review in February, that Watchmen's Jackie Earle Haley is in final talks to play the new Freddy Krueger in Platinum Dunes' upcoming A Nightmare on Elm Street reboot.

Citing no source for its rumor, the usually reliable horror site says to expect an official announcement as early as next week.

Shooting on the remake, from the same people who produced the successful Friday the 13th reboot, begins at the end of the month in Chicago.

Krueger, as fans know, is the serial child killer murdered by angry parents who returns with a burned face, striped sweater, fedora and razor glove to terrorize teens in their dreams.

Haley drew rave reviews for his performance as the psycho vigilante Rorschach in Zack Snyder's Watchmen and an Oscar nomination for playing a sex offender in 2006's Little Children.

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

didn't haley try out for the roll johnny depp eventually got in the first nightmare?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Quote from: squints on April 03, 2009, 02:51:17 PM
didn't haley try out for the roll johnny depp eventually got in the first nightmare?

According to imdb:

Johnny Depp accompanied friend Jackie Earle Haley to the auditions, where he was spotted by director Wes Craven, who asked him if he'd like to read for the part.

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

why are they doing this to robert englund? why are they doing this to me? make them stop.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

New Line finds its Freddy Krueger
Jackie Earle Haley joins 'Elm Street'
Source: Variety

Jackie Earle Haley is going to Elm Street, signing to star as iconic killer Freddy Krueger in New Line and Platinum Dunes' relaunch of "A Nightmare on Elm Street."

Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are producing with John Rickard co-producing. Samuel Bayer will direct from Wesley Strick's script, with lensing set to begin next month in Chicago.

New Line decided last year to relaunch the movie series centered on the iconic killer, who haunts the dreams of teenagers and kills them in their sleep. Krueger was originally played by Robert Englund in the 1984 original, spawing nine films and two TV series in what was New Line's most lucrative franchise until "The Lord of the Rings."

The relaunch comes on the heels of New Line and Platinum Dunes' rebirth of another horror franchise, "Friday the 13th," which has grossed $65 million domestically since its launch on Friday, Feb. 13.

Haley starred in "Watchmen" as Rorschach and will next be seen opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Phoenix Pictures' "Shutter Island," directed by Martin Scorsese.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

First Look: Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy Krueger
by Peter Martin; Cinematical

As first looks go, it's remarkably ... minimal. The first image of Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy Krueger in the upcoming A Nightmare on Elm Street has been released, showing a shadowy Freddy ready for action.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

It looks like Freddy Krueger.........
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

diggler

what a cop out. show his god damn face
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Spooky.....got my anticipations low baby.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks