The reason for the end of the old message board?

Started by aurora, January 27, 2003, 03:31:52 AM

Cecil

give it some time... maybe youll grow to love it

sphinx

Quote from: sexterossai think i agree with that one expression, you can't ever go home. i feel compeltely lost on this new board. i miss home. this one is too overwhelming. instead of the PTA board, it is the PTA/Kubrick/anderson...board. but of course you know this already anyway. that is percisely my dilemma. everyone knows everything and everyone already, i feel like the kid who moved to a new high school his senior year. i don't think i will ever feel completely comfortable on this board again. there's too much on it. and i don't think it is a matter of not having enough time, it is a matter of not really caring to devote that much time to posting message board trivia. but i miss it. i miss the exclusivity, i miss being that intensely current on anything film, the intelligent discussions, i don't know, the old board made me feel smart. it made me feel that i knew everything there is to know about film because the other users were so involved in it. but i guess knowing everything there is to know about film is a lost cause. right? am i better suited spending my time and eye sight reading a good book?

- sexterossa. anyone notice i had to change the spelling of my name from sexterrosa to sexterossa. no of course not. but i was so uncontrollably excited and impatient upon finding this board to register that i registered as under 13. that excitment has developed into melancholy. and it's only been five minutes.

we were all spoiled, and you should know that you'll never, ever find a place like that again.  i had the same feelings to start with, which is why the ptamb was nice for me to transition with

most of the admins have agreed that yabbse has a visual charm to it that no other board will touch, and although yabbse was xixax's first choice, he chose phpbb because of the flexibility of the database or something, and the fact that it could hold so many users and posts without getting really slow

oh, and many of you may remember this haunting message

Xixax

I had some serious regrets for not making Xixax yabbse at first, but now that the board has grown to nearly 30,000 posts, I'm not so sad about it. Xixax, in its current state, is pretty darn snappy with response times. Yabbse at this same stage would have been 2, maybe 2.5 times slower at page loads.

So, I can cope.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

i never heard about this sphinx board. why did it not work?

Dirk

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi never heard about this sphinx board. why did it not work?

I think it has something to do with his bandwidth limit and the fact that we were using it all
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

sphinx

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi never heard about this sphinx board. why did it not work?

link:
:yabbse-sad: