Movies about movies

Started by BonBon85, April 20, 2003, 06:30:05 PM

Cecil

'bout time someone mentions it.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ghoulardi Goon
Quote from: Ma©Guffin

Is this decent?

I think it's more than decent. You watch Phil Joanou's life play out right in front of you. It's very personal, and really tackles what it's like to try to hold a demanding career in movies and a loving relationship together.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Vile5

8 1/2 is the best, is just magic!!
Cinema Paradiso is so sweet and in some way i think many people here would feel identified with this story
The purple rose of Cairo i love this movie! because talk about how cinema can change lives in a beautiful way...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

samsong

8 1/2 - best film period... or least one of them.

Singin' In the Rain - one of my favorites of all time and is definitely one of the best films about hollywood and the industry.

Wings of Desire - part of the film has to do with filmmaking so I'm throwing it out there.  One of the most poetic films ever.

In a Lonely Place and Sunset Boulevard - dark, noirsh masterworks by Ray and Wilder about screenwriters/state of the industry.

Adaptation - needs no explanation

The Player - This may be blasphemous but I don't like Robert Altman at all with the exception of (maybe) this film and McCabe & Mrs. Miller.  Regardless, a great movie about the sharks who run shit.

Swimming With Sharks - overrly dramatized but effective drama about starting at the bottom and how cut throat business is in Hollywood.

Bowfinger - very retarded movie at times but an amusing film that pokes fun at low budget filmmaking.[/b]

Ernie

Quote from: ewardcecil b. demented?  (the movie).........

Yup, very funny movie. Just saw it on Comedy Central. Even edited to shit, it was great. Cecil in the movie is a dead on exagerrated potrayal of the way I would expect xixax's Cecil to act...seriously....lol.

Cecil

Quote from: ebeamanCecil in the movie is a dead on exagerrated potrayal of the way I would expect xixax's Cecil to act...seriously....lol.

thats why i chose the name. i did ask my cast not to fuck during the making of my film but most didnt listen to me. so if the movie sucks, ill blame it on that

Alethia

you know, i've said it before that i'm not a huge fan of john waters with the exception of a few of his films....but i saw this a few weeks ago, and I don't remember ever really laughing out loud, but i had this big giant goofy grin on my face the entire time, so over all, yeah - i think i liked it.

bigperm

Safe As Milk