Brett Ratner's PTA syndrome.

Started by Jon, April 02, 2003, 08:54:55 AM

Jon

We all know about Ratner's comment "I know that PTA was stealing from 'I Am Cuba', I know everything he does!" thing (I hope).

Well, we got a new one boys.

Got the Red Dragon "Director's Edition".

There's a part in the "A Director's Journey" (in no way does this compare to "That Moment") where he's whispering something to the on set photographer (I'm guessing while their doing...something else...on set) and I heard "Paul Thomas Anderson".

I rewound, and he was telling the photographer how he took "that one picture of Paul Thomas Anderson, you know, the one where it's just his face" (does a square around his own.) "That was so great!"

Then: "...Can you take one of me like that?"

The camera guy is a little weirded out by the fact, but he does it.

And Ratner is a happy man.

Watching him direct...ech. He can't. He does have a lot of energy. Just...no good.

Sigh.

Poor old Brett wants to be respected. :(

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

thats kind of sad. i wonder if he plays dress up at home and pretends that hes PTA in the mirror. he'll have to lose a few pouds. boo hoo.
...your excuses are your own...

Pwaybloe

Quote from: cowboykurtisthats kind of sad. i wonder if he plays dress up at home and pretends that hes PTA in the mirror. he'll have to lose a few pouds. boo hoo.

Yeah, and then he starts pouting in front of the mirror and petting Princess saying, "Would you fuck me?  Would you fuck me?"

Disco Stu

Ratner is a no-talent hack.  Not only did he criticize Michael Mann while making Red Dragon but there is nothing about the film that stands out.  It's half Manhunter and half Silence of the Lambs.  There is nothing original.  He rips off the same shots Demme used and the same scenes Mann used.  And yes, he did just listen to the commentary on Boogie Nights in attempting to express his extensive film knowledge.  

And how is this fucking loser getting these directing gigs like Red Dragon (which he failed on) and Superman (which he thankfully dropped out of).  Is it because the studios know he has no talent and will do whatever they say?
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

cowboykurtis

the reason he gets to direct film like red dragon is because his films make money. whether or not hes a hack is comepletely inconsequential.  as long as one's films turn out a profit they're the golden boy.

BonBon85

Time for more Ratner bashing!

Q. And what about Christopher Reeve, will he get a cameo?
A. I've had a lot of people ask me. That would be nice. I don't know what he could do – he's kind of capacitated.

Q. Can you tell me a bit about Edward Norton?
A.  He's very intellectual – I can't hold a conversation with him. He reads so much into everything, and I was just like 'say the fucking lines'.

phil marlowe

will i get my balls kicked if i said that red dragon was kinda...good?

Pedro

Quote from: Phil Marlowewill i get my balls kicked if i said that red dragon was kinda...good?

Yes
::kicks Phil in the balls::

cowboykurtis

brett ratner says he could beat kubrick in a game of chess. thats how brilliant he is.

Victor

FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK MOTHERFUCKER, MOTHER FUCKING FUCK FUCKER. LOOK AT HIM. LOOK AT THIS FUCKING CLOWN BITCH ASS FUCK SHITTING CRAP FACE. I HATE HIM, I HATE HIS FUCKING COCKY ASS GUTS. MOTHERFUCKER THE ONLY THING YOU COULD BEAT KUBRICK IN IS A RIM-JOB CONTEST, CUZ YOU LICKED EVERY BROWN-EYE IN TOWN WORTH LICKING TO GET YOUR SHIT WHERE YOU ARE BITCH. JUST QUIT IT, QUIT TALKING. SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHUT SHUT SHUT SHUT SHUT SHUT UP. SHUT UP. YOU FUCK. YOU FUCKING PEICE OF FUCK.

could i be a PA for your next movie?
are you gonna eat with us too?

soixante

Brett Ratner is an actor of some repute -- he plays a filmmaker named "Brett Ratner" in James Toback's "Black and White."
Music is your best entertainment value.

Duck Sauce

Id like to see a PTA - RATNER rivalry, seems like it would be cool.

Jon

Quote from: BonBon85
Q. And what about Christopher Reeve, will he get a cameo?
A. I've had a lot of people ask me. That would be nice. I don't know what he could do – he's kind of capacitated.

Q. Can you tell me a bit about Edward Norton?
A.  He's very intellectual – I can't hold a conversation with him. He reads so much into everything, and I was just like 'say the fucking lines'.

This guy...

I'm watching the doc over again, and when Norton's talking to Rat about "staring", fucking Rat almost brushes him off.

Then when Hopkins is talking about how symbolically Ed's heart is full of courage, Rat changes the subject while acting like he agrees.

Looks like Fiennes ignores him.

If he can make it I sure as fuck can.

Gold Trumpet

I wonder if there is a Brett Ratner message board where they all complain about people like PTA who think they are so fucking artsy and such.

~rougerum