Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Robyn

I hate the Phantom Thead poster, but this one I have nothing against. It's just a nice picture with the title. Evokes the feeling of the trailer I'd say.

Still, it's not better then those IV ones!

Quote from: pynchonikon on September 28, 2021, 10:05:23 AM
2.1m views on Twitter & 2.5m views on Youtube within 24 hours; fairly good response.

I was looking at this earlier as well, and I really do hope this one will succeed! People all over the internet seems excited, which wasn't the case for like the last three films.

pynchonikon

Quote from: nomorecoffee on September 28, 2021, 10:30:59 AM
I think it will do more than 6.6m of Inherent Vice on youtube and more than 11m of phantom thread on youtube

Once they start showing it before "No Time to Die" - which opens this week, it will definitely bump up.

I noticed a considerable amount of industry guys showing their excitement for this on twitter, as expected.

And this is 1000% a teaser poster lmao (like the Phantom Thread first one), there is no doubt about that.

Alma

The main Phantom Thread posters weren't great, but the watercolour ones were beautiful.

wilberfan

I think almost everybody is in this film, and I'm only exaggerating a little.  Friends, family, cool dudes and dudettes.  Wives, kids, co-workers.  A full accounting would be mind-blowing.

No stalkers, tho...

modage

Tim Conway (senior) was a good friend of Paul's dad.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

wilberfan

Absolutely.  The "toilet paper mummy" is one of my favorite stories Paul tells about that.

itwasgood

I know! That's such a fun story, and that's why I posted the tweet. This film is gonna be like a big warm nostalgic party of memories, friendships, offsprings and love.

Pringle

Conway was also a cast member on The Carol Burnett show, which is playing on a tv in the trailer. It looks like the stage performance Cooper is in is being filmed by a CBS camera, too, so it's possible he could be on the Carol Burnett show in the film

Tdog

Do we know if Sean Penn is playing someone real if he's supposed to be an actor in this?

Pringle

Quote from: Tdog on September 28, 2021, 02:14:00 PM
Do we know if Sean Penn is playing someone real if he's supposed to be an actor in this?

In the trailer it sounds like he's introduced by name as (something like) 'R. Rhodes Tucker'

Find Your Magali

Very excited that 25% of this trailer will not appear in the film. :)

Licoriceboy

Quote from: Pringle on September 28, 2021, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: Tdog on September 28, 2021, 02:14:00 PM

In the trailer it sounds like he's introduced by name as (something like) 'R. Rhodes Tucker'

I think that's: "Our roads took us here"

wilberfan

Yeah, his character's name is way less elaborate than that.  :lol: 

mickeywolfman

Quote from: Pringle on September 28, 2021, 02:06:43 PM
Conway was also a cast member on The Carol Burnett show, which is playing on a tv in the trailer. It looks like the stage performance Cooper is in is being filmed by a CBS camera, too, so it's possible he could be on the Carol Burnett show in the film

Paul's dad worked on the Carol Burnett Show too!