Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Quote from: Drenk on September 25, 2021, 04:51:49 PM
https://twitter.com/mollylambert/status/1441882639980380164

Do we not believe this at all?   She got the bucket hat detail correct.   I mean, I can't think of a reason it would be necessary for him to do this, but on the other hand--why not? :ponder:  She's more likely to know what he looks like than just randos?

polkablues

I believe it wholeheartedly. Does anyone honestly believe that DOESN'T sound like the sort of thing he would do?
My house, my rules, my coffee

wilberfan

And what trailer film reel?  The LF3 has had the trailer--or a trailer--since at least Sept 9th or 10th. 

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Shughes

Quote from: wilberfan on September 25, 2021, 07:58:35 PM
Quote from: Drenk on September 25, 2021, 04:51:49 PM
https://twitter.com/mollylambert/status/1441882639980380164

Do we not believe this at all?   She got the bucket hat detail correct.   I mean, I can't think of a reason it would be necessary for him to do this, but on the other hand--why not? :ponder:  She's more likely to know what he looks like than just randos?

I believe he goes above and beyond. When I saw PT in London with live score, before it was released in the UK, Paul was there to introduce the film. After a brief introduction he bounced through the venue to the sound desk, which was kind of in the middle of all the seats on the ground level. I saw him roll up his sleeves, ready to work. He could have left after the intro but stayed for the whole show to make sure the live mix was just right. Fantastic work ethic.

wilberfan

Licorice Pizza Soundtrack

:ponder:

Maybe just some kind of robo-placeholder, or something...

wilberfan

ono

Good chance... Unless Haim and Penn have that kind of relationship.

polkablues

Starting the rumor right here and now that John C. Reilly plays Gary's dad.
My house, my rules, my coffee

PaulElroy35

Quote from: polkablues on September 26, 2021, 01:53:31 AM
Starting the rumor right here and now that John C. Reilly plays Gary's dad.

Thats what i was thinking too. However im not getting my hopes up hes in it but that would be the character i would put my money on him playing if he was.

Shughes

Quote from: ono on September 26, 2021, 12:31:31 AM
Good chance... Unless Haim and Penn have that kind of relationship.

Do we know that Penn isn't actually playing her dad? There's nothing in the trailer to suggest he isn't.

Drenk

There is a predatory vibe, which may be why DiCaprio has refused the role. He wants acting to free his mind from real life.
Ascension.

wilberfan

Quote from: Yes on September 26, 2021, 12:43:39 AM
Quote from: wilberfan on September 25, 2021, 10:06:45 PM
https://twitter.com/Ian__Cardoso/status/1441906605755408385

Why even post this?

a) It made me laugh
b) Based on what we've seen, he could be onto something--especially regarding Alana's character
3) Sharing is caring
b) Tdog made me laugh, and might be onto something.