Hollywood Homicide This Years " sack lunch"

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 29, 2003, 05:47:56 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

is it me or does this title and plot sound like something the guys in seinfeld would watch along the lines of " brown eyed girl" and " DEATH BLOW"

It could be a great film, but who amungst us would have guessed that ford would star in a film called " Hollywood homicide"

i have no idea what this movie is about but in my head i have this great image of harrison ford taking 4 hits of acid and watching " Showtime" with deniro and " training day" with denzel on the same day

which inspires him to call his agent with a great idea for a film

ahh the beauty of drug related ideas

Derek237

I think it looks good. On Conan O'Brien Ford said that he'd like to do a stupid farrely brothers-esque comedy where he'd have a can on his head, hit it with a spoon and yell out "duh duh duh." This is close enough.  :)

Quote from: Derek237I think it looks good. On Conan O'Brien Ford said that he'd like to do a stupid farrely brothers-esque comedy where he'd have a can on his head, hit it with a spoon and yell out "duh duh duh." This is close enough.  :)

i do like ron shelton

and i am looking forward to this, harrison ford roughin up gangsta rappers

i am just shocked that he did, this is the kind of thing i would pitch to ford

©brad

when i first read about it it looked like another training day/bad cop mentor teaches young naive newbie type of thing, but the tv spots are marketing it like a martin lawrence flick. i guess its suppose to be funny, i dunno.

jonas

From the looks of the trailer, it's going to be more like "Cry, Cry Again"
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

Quote from: jonasFrom the looks of the trailer, it's going to be more like "Cry, Cry Again"

i hope it features a cameo where julia louise dreyfus gets down and funky to earth wind and fire music

modage

the first theatrical trailer made it look like a lethal weapon style buddy action comedy (which probably is what it is).  but these new tv ads are blaring 50cent "in da club" and giving like no dialogue and just showing harrision ford running around, they are obviously trying to trick black people into thinking this is a new Training Day.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

The scene in the ad where Josh Hartnett jumps and falls on that cart looks pretty funny, actually, so I might see it.

That Harrison Ford appearance on Conan was hilarious.  That was a long time ago, but I remember laughing my ass off.  Literally.  It's still on the floor.  Does anyone remember that Ford interview where Conan says he didn't hold the elevator for Ford (or vice versa?) and they reeenacted it by showing elevator doors closing on Ford.  Great stuff.

Sleuth

Quote from: RaviThe scene in the ad where Josh Hartnett jumps and falls on that cart looks pretty funny, actually, so I might see it.

That Harrison Ford appearance on Conan was hilarious.  That was a long time ago, but I remember laughing my ass off.  Literally.  It's still on the floor.  Does anyone remember that Ford interview where Conan says he didn't hold the elevator for Ford (or vice versa?) and they reeenacted it by showing elevator doors closing on Ford.  Great stuff.

Haha yeah, I do remember that.  They had little elevator doors in front of the camera
I like to hug dogs

modage

oh no. new TV ad with "The Boys Are Back In Town" playing with critics calling it such a 'fun' movie.  they dont have the slightest idea what to do with this fucking movie do they.  on a related note of mismarketing, there was a funny blurb in the Onion a few months back about Confessions of a Dangerous Mind...

Movie Marketed As Six Different Genres
NEW YORK—Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind, the Miramax film based on the memoirs of Gong Show creator Chuck Barris, is being marketed as six different genres, sources reported Tuesday. "So far, I've seen TV ads making it look like a romantic comedy, a spy thriller, a Hollywood satire, a straightforward biopic, and a strange, Being John Malkovich-esque mind-bender," said Daniel Taubman, 24, of Chapel Hill, NC. "I heard there's also one that makes it look like a chick flick, playing up the whole Drew Barrymore/Julia Roberts angle, but I haven't seen it. It probably runs on Lifetime or Oxygen or something."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

EL__SCORCHO

Ravi

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

i wanted to watch brown eyed girl, but the guy who does movie phone was in jail for some fucking good sameritan law

Sleuth

Dial the first letter of the movie you want to watch

all right, why don't you tell me the movie you want to watch?
I like to hug dogs