SXSW so far...

Started by RegularKarate, March 10, 2003, 04:28:54 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: kal on January 29, 2009, 04:51:13 PM
GB love the poster and awesome that you'll be there as well.

bigideas, the web address for my film is www.losparanoicos.com and GB's is listed on the poster.

thanks.
me no habla espanol.

am i out of the loop or does everyone else know what both of you did in these films?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Kal

Quote from: bigideas on January 30, 2009, 11:25:30 AM
Quote from: kal on January 29, 2009, 04:51:13 PM
GB love the poster and awesome that you'll be there as well.

bigideas, the web address for my film is www.losparanoicos.com and GB's is listed on the poster.

thanks.
me no habla espanol.

am i out of the loop or does everyone else know what both of you did in these films?

the site is in english as well. i think the trailer on that site is not with subtitles for some reason, but the one on the following site does have the subtitles: http://beta.canalinternet.com/ver_8a345332c751b2f2e476.html

i was a bit annoying posting about the film here, so if you look for the thread "the paranoids" in the grapevine you'll find more information if you're interested :)

private witt

Quote from: kal on January 30, 2009, 09:23:01 AM
That's why MacGuffin is Michael Bay's personal fluffer by now.

I just threw up into the back of my mouth a little.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Kal

Ghostboy

Here's my trailer: http://vimeo.com/3049498....

Hope to see you there RK!

private witt

Nice.   :bravo:      What camera(s) and lens(es) did you guys shoot with?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

tpfkabi

Pozer

St. Nick, movie of the year. that trailer was amazing. Undertowish? brilliant font!

tpfkabi

Quote from: Pozer on February 04, 2009, 12:05:01 PM
Undertowish?

I was going to ask if it was George Washington-esque.

Ghostboy

Thanks, folks. In my honest opinion, it's actually decidedly un-Green-ish, but I'll leave it up to the mercy of the crowds to make the final call on that. I'm sure it resembles a great deal of things (a lot of people bring up Spirit Of The Beehive and Ratcatcher, neither of which I've seen yet), but I'm sort of proud of how distinct its tone and feel are, too.

JG

i watched both movies for free on theauteurs.com, but i don't think they're up anymore. they both are really good. can't wait to see st nick, maybe it will play at ifc sometime in 2009?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

oh shit!  I wanna see it bad!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

Hey kids, so who's going to be around Austin for SXSW?

Anyone that wants to come see The Paranoids I can put you on the guest list. RK? Anyone else? Let me know!!!!

Sleepless

I'm back and fore to Austin all the time right now, As we're trying to move down there ASAP so I'm intending on seeing as many films at the festival as I can.

When is The Paranoids screening?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.