Magical Bruce Lee cinematic moments

Started by Bruce Lee, March 27, 2004, 09:38:41 AM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubrick

........hahahaha!!!!

that was awesome P...

that should be a banner.

Pubrick

Quote from: Bruce Leei quite like it, its very abstract. but nothing to do with Bruce Lee.
under the paving stones.

pete

I was trying to upload some footage of Dan Inasonto's seminar as well as other documentaries, and from Bruce's own interviews, but this thread seems to have taken a turn somewhere and I don't know what's going on anymore.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bruce Lee

I have the Inosanto seminar which comes with the GOD HKLegends dvd along with Pierre Burton interviews, manuscripts and the lost interview dvd

pete

- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Can somebody please outline the basics of what this argument has come down to?

RegularKarate

I think what it boils down to is a big fat joke.

Pete and "Bruce Lee" are the same guy.  They're just making shit up, waiting for someone to call them out.

Well, your fun is over, LIARS!  I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!!

I DON'T THINK THIS BRUCE LEE PERSON EVEN EXISTS.... I DON'T THINK THIS "KARATE" EVEN REALLY EXISTS.

and those pictures... please... so fake

Reel

Quote from: xerxeslatest reply ever

RK, how could you not have taken the oppurtunity to make your '3 types of karate' joke!! I'm ashamed of you, coulda kept this thread going a good 2 more pages...

I liked this thread, really informative on such a niche subject. Pete schooled that fool, and me as well.

Then this happened and I cried laughing, god I miss neon:

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=5833.msg155579#msg155579

and to add fuel to the fire:

it all makes sense to me now...

if your interested, you should give the thread a read to understand the context of those things I pulled, it'll be worth it.

Anyways, I've been wanting to get back into Kung Fu flicks for awhile, but I just don't know where to begin! Bruce Lee seems good as any place, but I'm ashamed to say I don't think I've ever seen one of his films in their ENTIRETY. Where would be a good place to start? (deep cuts please)

pete

reelist - there's a new movie coming out called Wu Xia or Dragon or Swordsman, starring Donnie Yen. It's beautifully shot and has some fresh angles on the old genre.

- Buster Keaton

Reel

Cool! last thing I saw was 'The Man With The Iron Fists.' It was a fun ride, but I'm looking for something a little more authentic in how the martial arts are represented.