worst theater experience.

Started by NEON MERCURY, February 23, 2004, 10:12:38 PM

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

Yes! And he is.

His first version of events: "I got a text, and I responded to it because it was something important. It was something that was on a deadline situation, OK."

His retelling of the story: "These trolls are just jealous because they were at home with their ugly wives and pimply gnome kids while I was out watching Transformers 3 in 3D and text messaging with hot babes."

Well at least the fact that he was watching Transformers 3 explains why there were only 2 people in the theatre. I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about this locally actually.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

pete

no the retelling wasn't his words; it was the blogger summarizing what he said.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Nude Man Arrested For Stripping During 'Chipwrecked' Screening
Source: THR

A Chicago citizen gave an X-rated performance during the family friendly film.

Parents got more than they bargained for at a recent screening of Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, when a dentally challenged man decided to go nude.

Edward Brown, 34, was arrested by Chicago police last week after stripping off his clothes and parading his naked body inside the movie theater. According to the Chicago Tribune, officers arrived at the North Riverside Park Mall's Classic Cinema to find Brown seated in the front row -- stark naked -- watching a 4 p.m. showing of the 20th Century Fox film along with 96 fellow patrons. Police said that at one point, Brown turned to face the audience with his exposed genitals.

The audience members were quickly ushered out of the theater and offered refund vouchers, while Brown was ordered to get dressed and was subsequently arrested. He was charged with sexual exploitation of a child and misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

The streaker claims that he was promised sex and drugs by a woman who asked him to sit in the front row and get naked. Brown remains in bail with bond set at $100,000 and the alleged instigator has yet to be found. Brown's next court date is set for Monday at the Maybrook courthouse.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

No human being should ever experience that. By "that" I mean "Chipwrecked."

Champion Souza

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 05, 2012, 05:25:52 PM
... when a dentally challenged man decided to go nude.

Dentally challenged?  What was wrong with his teeth?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Champion Souza on January 05, 2012, 09:46:38 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on January 05, 2012, 05:25:52 PM
... when a dentally challenged man decided to go nude.

Dentally challenged?  What was wrong with his teeth?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Holy crap. That guy could eat a hot dog without unclenching his jaw.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

Kinda ironic that this all went down in a screening where all the main characters have huge front teeth...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

'The Artist' outrages viewers who didn't know it was silent

It's wowed critics and awards juries worldwide, but to some filmgoers in the UK, "The Artist" was bad enough to warrant a refund. After all, where was all the dialogue?

According to the Telegraph of London, movie fans in Liverpool demanded their money back after sitting through the Michel Hazanavicius-directed Hollywood homage, claiming they had no idea that the Golden Globe-winner was a silent film.

"Odeon Liverpool One can confirm it has issued a small number of refunds to guests who were unaware that The Artist was a silent film," the film chain involved told the Telegraph in a statement. "The cinema is happy to offer guests a refund on their film choice is they raise concern with a member of staff within 10 minutes of the film starting."

source: Huffington Post

theyarelegion

Not mine, but...30 years ago when Jaws was first showing in the Adelphi Cinema in Dublin, Barry Lyndon was showing on the screen next door. A drunk joined the queue but ended up in Barry Lyndon. After a while, as he tried to get an angle on the film, his inebriated self was heard to shout out, "Where's this fucking shark they're all talking about?"

Pubrick

sorry man, I don't really get it, did you make that up?

If so that's the worst made up story I ever heard.

You should have said the dude thought he was lining up for All the President's Men and then during the screening he was heard to shout "when is Lady Lyndon going to deep throat that fucking candle?!"
under the paving stones.

theyarelegion

what do you not understand exactly? no, it's not made up. true story.

Quote from: Pubrick on January 19, 2012, 09:22:35 AM
You should have said the dude thought he was lining up for All the President's Men and then during the screening he was heard to shout "when is Lady Lyndon going to deep throat that fucking candle?!"

much better...

MacGuffin

Joshua Thompson, Michigan Man, Sues Movie Theater Over Expensive Snacks

It would appear Joshua Thompson has bought his last box of overpriced Goobers.

According to the Detroit Free Press, the Livonia, Mich., resident is suing his local AMC theater "in hopes of forcing theaters statewide to dial down snack prices."

The class-action lawsuit was filed in Wayne County Circuit Court, according to WJBK.

Thompson reached the decision sometime after he purchased a Coke and a box of Goobers for $8, according to the Free Press, which also notes that the lawsuit seeks refunds for allegedly gouged customers and a civil penalty against the theater chain.

Typically, movie theaters make around a quarter of their entire operating revenue from concession sales, Smart Money previously reported.

Seeking to defend theaters' right to charge what they want for snacks, a representative from the National Association of Theater Owners told Smart Money that it's "not a requirement" to buy popcorn when you go to the movies and that "people who want concessions can order them or not."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

someone's gotta take a stand, but there are absolutely no grounds to sue. What a dummy.