Actor's Tattoos

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, October 20, 2003, 05:40:00 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

There was recently a thread about tattoos, so I thought this would give people some food for thought...

I've seen lots of actors have tattoos in real life... but you rarely see an actor with the same tattoos in the same movie (i.e. they show their real tattoos on screen more than once)... or maybe not?  

Has anyone seen an actor with known tattoos show those tattoos in two different movies playing two different characters?  It'd be interesting to see...

Nick

Cecil

Banky

i want to know how in 8 mile, none of Em's tats are visible at all.  He is in a tanktop in direct light and his arms look flawless

Gloria

Angelina Jolie

Gone in 60 Seconds

Gia

ShanghaiOrange

The band-aid on the back of Ving Rhames neck in Pulp Fiction covers at one of his tattoos.

Anyway, best fake tattoos: Red Dragon and Cape Fear, probably.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Banky

man Angelina does it for me

Gamblour.

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeThe band-aid on the back of Ving Rhames neck in Pulp Fiction covers at one of his tattoos.

Actually...

From IMDb:

"The band-aid on Marcellus Wallace's neck was there because actor Ving Rhames had a scar there that the makeup people felt wound be too distracting during that scene."
WWPTAD?

ShanghaiOrange

Tattoos and scars are the same thing.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

NEON MERCURY

cine

Quote from: Gamblor"The band-aid on Marcellus Wallace's neck was there because actor Ving Rhames had a scar there that the makeup people felt wound be too distracting during that scene."
Makeup people are smart. Because, you know, on a black guy like Ving Rhames, scars are much more distracting than a band-aid.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Cecilasia argento

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Fernando

Let's see if this works.

If not, go here.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: Gamblor"The band-aid on Marcellus Wallace's neck was there because actor Ving Rhames had a scar there that the makeup people felt wound be too distracting during that scene."
Makeup people are smart. Because, you know, on a black guy like Ving Rhames, scars are much more distracting than a band-aid.

Well, QT saw it and liked the look of it, so he said to keep it on...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Fernando

Let's see if this works.

If not, go here.

Why thank you, Fernando.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Ghostboy

How about Danny Trejo? His big chest tattto is always there, but it's usually changed slightly from movie to movie.

I've always wondered what kind of makeup they use to cover tattoos. For folks like Eminem or Mark Whalberg, it must be a pretty heavy base, but they can still do scene without a shirt (or in a pool, a la Boogie Nights) and it looks totally natural.