Drive-Away Dolls (Ethan Coen)

Started by RudyBlatnoyd, April 06, 2022, 04:28:24 PM

gaucho_marx

Joel: So, Ethan, what should we do for our next movie?
Ethan: I've got this wacky lesbian road trip script pretty much ready to go.
Joel: (Looks down at the copy of Macbeth he's holding) Maybe we should take some time apart.

wilder

This comedy caper follows Jamie, an uninhibited free spirit bemoaning yet another breakup with a girlfriend, and her demure friend Marian who desperately needs to loosen up. In search of a fresh start, the two embark on an impromptu road trip to Tallahassee, but things quickly go awry when they cross paths with a group of inept criminals along the way. Directed by Ethan Coen.

Directed by Ethan Coen
Written by Ethan Coen & Tricia Cooke
Release Date - February 24, 2024

RudyBlatnoyd

Ethan now talking about making a trilogy of sex comedies without his brother, I see. Something strange going on between those two. Did they have a big falling out or something?

WorldForgot

^In an interview I read, the three sex comedies are all by Tricia Cooke. I imagine they're working on them without Joel because it's really more experienced and discussed within Ethan and Tricia's queer marriage.

Coen & Cooke's Drive-Away Dykes feelz akin to Araki's SMILEY FACE. There's no sacred rules to its editing or animation, the only guidepost is a northern star called jubilation.

Maybe like 40% of this movie actually 'works' but 100% of it iz a fun, shaggy caper with its heart on its sleeve. Goofy sincerity goes a long way for me. I hope the BOTTOMS kids get to sneak into this one. I hope we each find a little love on this sleigh ride to hell.