Charlotte's Web

Started by MacGuffin, June 13, 2006, 01:19:02 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: December 20, 2006

Director: Gary Winick (Tadpole; 13 Going on 30)

Cast: Dakota Fanning, Julia Roberts, Steve Buscemi, John Cleese, Oprah Winfrey, Cedric the Entertainer, André Benjamin, Thomas Haden Church, Robert Redford, Reba McEntire, Kathy Bates

Premise: Wilbur the pig is scared of the end of the season, because he knows that come that time, he will end up on the dinner table. He hatches a plan with Charlotte, a spider that lives in his pen, to ensure that this will never happen.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

UGH. Julia Roberts sounds terrible. And fart jokes? In the freakin' trailer?

This thread should be immediately be merged with My Childhood Just Died.

Gamblour.

First of all, during the previews before Cars, we saw TWO new movies with Julia Roberts doing a voice, this and The Ant Bully. I guess monotone soulless voices are good for animation, especially when the actor needs money.

And Ghostboy, not to stomp on your childhood, but have you seen Charlotte's Web recently? It's really really bad, Wilbur is so terribly whiny, "But I don't wanna die!" Jesus, Wilbur, shut the fuck up. However, I might hate it only because it was 3 am and I was on a couch made of chairs, and two people were making out behind me on another couch.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on June 13, 2006, 08:01:40 AM
I was on a couch made of chairs, and two people were making out behind me on another couch
..made of a bunch of cats taped together.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I haven't seen the cartoon in ages, but my fond memories are mainly due to the book.