cringe inducing moments '04

Started by Alethia, January 16, 2005, 09:22:54 PM

Alethia

tell of scenes from '04 releases that made you cringe they were so bad!  my few would be, oh...

SPOILERS

the scene where natalie portman tapdances in front of the fire in garden state, with that really shitty song swelling on the soundtrack AND the drug scene

most of the scenes between catherine zeta jones and tom hanks in the terminal, notably the ones where they discuss napoleon

almost everything in intimate strangers

the scene in the aviator where hughes compares breast sizes from different films in front of the mpaa (otherwise a pretty good movie)

that's it for me, i think

ono

Pretty much everything in Napoleon Dynamite and Closer.

'Nuff said.

NEON MERCURY

the entire trailer for that awful looking will smith film, hitched
...i cant believe people still thinks its funny watching or making jokes about overly white peope trying to act hip.

emily rossums eyes and teeth

orlando bloom, michael jackson's toungue, everyline spoken in troy, the title of eastwoods' latest film, ditto on garden state, hot ticket, star jones..................

Gamblour.

That scene in The Aviator is hilarious! How could you not love it?
WWPTAD?

Alethia

i just didn't think it was funny.  i thought it was stupid personally, and i was kinda surprised marty thought it was anything of quality.  there were a coupla choice scenes of that nature in gangs too.

another cringe inducing moment from '04

uma's "before that strip turned blue" monologue in vol 2

cine

Quote from: ewardi just didn't think it was funny.  i thought it was stupid personally, and i was kinda surprised marty thought it was anything of quality.
Well that actually DID happen.. so what did you find unfunny about it? I'm thinking the comedy that comes out of that scene is the embarrassment and surprise from Ian Holm.. which are truthful emotions for being put in a position like that. What was stupid about it?

Alethia

there was something off about the way it was written...it just didn't sit right with me regardless of whether it really happened or not.  it just struck me as mediocre...the timing and execution of the scene seemed very "sitcom" to me.  i don't know, just didn't like it.  i know that's a shitty and unfulfilling answer, but it's all i got.

UncleJoey

When that idiot saws his foot off in Saw. Well, pretty much everything in that movie made me cringe, not because it was gruesome, but because it was incredibly stupid and awkward.

Every Orlando Bloom scene in Troy. He needs to be stopped.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

brockly

July Deply immediatly jumping to conclusion that Hawke thought she was fat after he commented on her looking skinnier in Before Sunset. "You wrote a book about a fat french woman?"

"she deserved to be born with a clean slate" - Kill Bill Vol. 2

kate winslet and jim carry conversation on train at start of Eternal Sunhine (kate and carry are both terrific, tho)

kirsten dunst quoting Nietzsche before drinking Whisky in Eternal Sunshine
kirsten dunst dancing on bed in Eternal Sunshine
kirsten dunst prentending to be stoned in Eternal Sunshine

every scene that tried to be serious in shaun of the dead.... and many of the scenes that weren't

SHAFTR

Quote from: UncleJoeyWhen that idiot saws his foot off in Saw. Well, pretty much everything in that movie made me cringe, not because it was gruesome, but because it was incredibly stupid and awkward.

Every Orlando Bloom scene in Troy. He needs to be stopped.

along with this:
The Julia Roberts scene in Ocean's 12.
Dialogue between Peter & Mary outside of Peter's Aunts house in Spider-man 2.
The scene when Tea Leoni gives the woman the maid job in Spanglish.
The ending of The Passion.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

pete

spoiler

I didn't think troy was as bad as people said it was, until when orlando bloom started doing the arrows.
the CGI scenes in both zatoichi and house of flying daggers
the snow fight in house of flying daggers
all of house of flying daggers
the kinky old people in Kinsey
the lover quarrels in both shaun of the dead and open water
the short film in the documentary "the red trousers"
"The shins will change your life"
the none-dancing portion of You Got Served (but the dancing was so good!)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Quote from: SHAFTRThe Julia Roberts scene in Ocean's 12.
this wins.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

Emmy Rossum in general.

Any scene in Sky Captain (good graphics, terrible terrible acting (especially paltrow))
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

grand theft sparrow

The trailers for White Chicks, Spanglish, The Polar Express, Catwoman and Meet the Fockers. I know I'm missing a few but I can't really think of them right now, thankfully.

UncleJoey

Quote from: hacksparrowThe trailers for White Chicks, Spanglish, The Polar Express, Catwoman and Meet the Fockers. I know I'm missing a few but I can't really think of them right now, thankfully.

If we're going to bring up trailers, how about the one for Monster-in-Law?
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.