song hopefuls

Started by Alethia, September 21, 2003, 09:39:02 PM

Alethia

is there a particular song that you would love to see used just right in a movie or better yet, hope to God nobody gets to it before you do?  post it here, or don't because you just may ruin your chances of using it............

.......for me it's: kbca, kacj, od ti magai by yeltse adn.  if you can unscarmble it then it probably wasn't meant to be.  i don't imagine the unscrambling will be too difficult though.  i can feel it all slipping away now.

anyways, go ahead!

prophet

Panjabi MC - Mundian To Bach Ke
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

NEON MERCURY

this should help MTV romantic comedies...

..when the girl and boy first meet  at a sk8boarding park..to the sounds of ..avril's "sk8er boy"

..when their are first sings of relation ship problems;;to the sounds of ..avril's "complicated"

..a during a montage..of happier times:,.to the sounds of..  jason marz"remedy"

...during a drug scene..to the sounds of..crash test dummies."MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
"

..at the prom....to th esounds of..green day"time of your lives"(the cheesy slo song )

....during the high school football game.."kid rock's "bawitthebang"(his first big single)

Find Your Magali

I've always wanted to use the Counting Crows' stuff as inspiration for a movie, a la PTA with Mann's stuff for Magnolia.

Duritz is such a great lyrics writer; there's a story in ever song.

Probably because they're all HIS stories.

....Anyway, hmmm, there's also a beautiful instrumental piece of music by Elton John called "Carla Etude" that I always thought should be in a movie.

edison

I would like Radiohead to do an entire original soundtrack for a film, like Air with Virgin Suicides

There is also a track from Garbage called "You look so fine" that i have always loved and would love to hear in a theater accompained with the perfect scene.

Vile5

i'd love to see a song in spanish called "A rodar la vida" (Let's roll the life or something like that) in a movie, in fact i would like to use it in my new script but i can't find the way, cause that's a very hopeful song and my story is so dark so...maybe i've got to wait
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

ShanghaiOrange

"Flying" by the Beatles :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

SoNowThen

I always wanted to open a film with "To Be Young"  by Ryan Adams, and then Old School did it (terribly).
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Vile5but i can't find the way, cause that's a very hopeful song and my story is so dark so...maybe i've got to wait

Maybe that contrast would be a good thing.

Eward, I descrambled your mystery song almost immediately. But never fear, I won't steal it.

There's a song I'm deadset on using someday, but I won't mention it here. I also really wanted to use Ruby Tuesday, up until it showed up in Royal Tennenbaums. But its use there was so perfect it was okay.

Vile5

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: Vile5but i can't find the way, cause that's a very hopeful song and my story is so dark so...maybe i've got to wait
Maybe that contrast would be a good thing.

mmm...i'll think about it  :wink:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Raikus

"Hello Operator" by the White Stripes. It'd be the perfect back-in-the-hunt song for someone that just broke up with their significant other. Shoot it slow-mo as they walk down a hall.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Alethia

Quote from: Ghostboy

Eward, I descrambled your mystery song almost immediately.

hehe, i'm a terrific scrambler, aren't I?  i tried to make an anogram (sp?) out of it, but could not find one.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardi tried to make an anogram (sp?) out of it, but could not find one.

Here.

My fave is: A CABANA DICK JOG KIT
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

pookiethecat

what is hip- tower of power.  (this song would work well ironically- like to show a character's panic).  
nobody's fault but my own- beck (i don't know where it'd work but this song inspires me. i listen to it and i think "cinema.")
satisfied mind- jeff buckley (any dramatic tender context).  
it's wonderful- ella fitzgerald (great romantic song)
i wanna lick 'em.