The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: Pubrick on July 31, 2012, 01:50:48 AM
Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on July 30, 2012, 11:57:25 AM
Also if anyone in this forum is from Australia, and knows when there is a release date/who's distributing The Master, please let me know! Thanks

Not many of us around here anymore, and nope got no fuggin idea.. hopefully some film festival picks it up, that'd be your best bet.

Hey Pubrick, Nice to meet you, I'm new here on Xixax.
Sydney Film Festival has already passed, and Melbourne International Film Festival which I will be attending, is starting this Friday and isn't showing the film (this is pretty inevitable, no chance they would world premiere The Master at MIFF)
I have no idea which other festivals that might screen The Master

I'm just so scared that they're going to deploy the same tactic as they did with There Will Be Blood (US Release: 26 December 2007, AU Release: 9 February 2008)

InTylerWeTrust

Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

malkovich

The Weinstein Company has released 19 beautiful, high-resolution new stills from The Master.

i'm just posting the link and not the photos in case any of you don't want to see them. click them if you wish, though. they're really gorgeous.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: malkovich on August 01, 2012, 11:44:25 PM
The Weinstein Company has released 19 beautiful, high-resolution new stills from The Master.

i'm just posting the link and not the photos in case any of you don't want to see them. click them if you wish, though. they're really gorgeous.

AMAZING!...

But that's it, I'm not watching no more footage and no more pictures...

Jeremy Blackman

Must... resist...

So far so good.

polkablues

Those stills are a total gamechanger.
My house, my rules, my coffee

HeywoodRFloyd

Yep they're definitely a game changer, just check out what they did to my desktop...
Link to Spoilery Picture we just said we shouldn't post

squints

This one in particular is my favorite.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

InTylerWeTrust

Pubrick

Why don't we just post all of them at once and get it over with.
under the paving stones.

InTylerWeTrust

theyarelegion

Quote from: MrBurgerKing on August 02, 2012, 02:31:17 PM
does anyone know why philip seymour hoffman rides a motorcycle?

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: MrBurgerKing on August 02, 2012, 02:31:17 PM
wow thats amazing, I didn't see that.

does anyone know why philip seymour hoffman rides a motorcycle? that seemed a bit random in the trailer. is it something about achieving mental freedom?

Because just like Howard Hughes, L. Ron Hubbard liked the desert... He spent sometime (Again, just like Hughes) riding bikes in the desert.

"I like the desert, is clean" - Howard Hughes.

My source: Watching The aviator like a billion times....

Pubrick

Quote from: Reelist on August 02, 2012, 02:34:23 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on July 20, 2012, 01:26:40 PM
I am planning to start a separate thread for serious discussion on the available material.

now would be as good a time as any

I'll do that as soon as I get home.. sigh, eight hours from now.

This place is starting to feel like imdb.
under the paving stones.

InTylerWeTrust

I just watched "Lost in Translation" AGAIN, and I think I just found a couple more references.... 

The shot of everybody in the elevator looks like the shot of Bill Murray with all the japanese guys.

And the PSH photoshoot looks inspired by the Bill Murray photoshoot.  (Only good picture I could find, but watch the movie and you'll see the similarities)

Maybe I'm reaching and I just think it looks like THE MASTER because I watch the trailer 15 times a day. But here PTA says he really loved "Lost in translation", so I don't think these "references" are far-fetched or coincidental.

At 8:13 he talks about it.... and YES, THAT IS MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and I UPLOADED THAT VIDEO. Subscribe  :yabbse-grin: