The Chronicles Of Riddick

Started by Ghostboy, December 12, 2003, 12:25:36 AM

bonanzataz

very cool looking movie.

planet of the apes DID have a very good score.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

meatball

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

I saw this today, and it's quite bad. I wish it wasn't, because I really liked Pitch Black and I was hoping this would be some smart sci-fi epic; but it ain't. Pitch Black's greatest asset, perhaps, was its low budget. With unlimited means, David Twohy's tried to make something huge, but he's no Peter Jackson, or even a Wachowski brother. His direction is incessantly awkward and off-balance. He creates this huge galactic menace that is wiping out entire planets, but the main conflict of the movie is centered around Riddick's escape from a jail. I know this is supposed to be a the first part of a trilogy, but the ending leaves nothing hanging, nothing to make us anticipate what will happen next. Not that we have to wonder -- I don't see how this could be popular enough to warrant a sequel.

Afterwards, I felt bad for not liking it. It's not like some terrible, incredibly banal popcorn movie that deserves intense dislike...its simply an incredibly massive misfire by people who nevertheless had good intentions. But no cigar.

Myxo

Thanks Ghostboy..

After the horrible reviews it has gotten and Ghostboy's comments, I think I'll save my 8 bucks and watch the stuff I've got from Netflix that I've been avoiding.

;)

Right now I've got,

Nil by Mouth
All The Real Girls
Brazil

None of which I've seen yet..

Ghostboy

Quote from: Myxomatosis

Nil by Mouth
All The Real Girls
Brazil

You've got a great weekend ahead of you.

I think Harry Knowles' review of Riddick is dead on. Twohy is great at making small films. Big is not his style.

(for the record, I actually really liked The Arrival)

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: GhostboyI think Harry Knowles' review of Riddick is dead on. Twohy is great at making small films. Big is not his style.

(for the record, I actually really liked The Arrival)

.......yes sir!..........people need to see below...........

aronofsky and twohly..........