Sundance Film Festival

Started by Spike, August 09, 2003, 01:52:16 PM

Spike

Did someone of your ever try to submit a film to the Sundance Film Festival?
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

atticus jones

i think one or two of us may have...

its tough to get in but worth the try...

have you made a film you are considering sending or merely curious?

it can be a labglorious process...

gotta jus roll them dice and see what happens...

got so nervous i hardly ate...

later little bear
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

SoNowThen

made two shorts
sent them both in
fucking nothing

but i will keep trying
the new one is in the can
soon to be edited
wanna go to the dance
but more to cannes
where i hear the french bimbo blondes are plentiful
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

atticus jones

try aiming man
saved me

straight shooters find their market value gotta believe me to my own devices the coldest form of water pops in the summer make me smile

intertwined letter word and line
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Xixax

Wouldn't you all love to see one of us Xixax fucko's on Greenlight?

After watching season 2, I am fully convinced that they intentionally mismatched Dumb and Dumber with a script that they knew that they couldn't direct just so it would be easier to create some fake tension for the reality series.

We should make the Xixax movie and try to get it screened at Sundance. It'd be a pants-creaming good time.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SickSacksWe should make the Xixax movie and try to get it screened at Sundance. It'd be a pants-creaming good time.

I am in...let's roll with this notion.....title it "Cream"...starring God Damn .....hot bitches, pimped out players, and pants creamin' at it's best.....we gots the mix, add them in...it be like a hollywood revolution!!!!

Ghostboy

I submit something pretty much every year -- it's sort of just ritualistic now, more than anything else. I have no expectations...if I got in, it would be awesome, of course, but there's just no telling -- the quality of your film certainly isn't going to give you much sway.

That said, the rejection letters still suck. Mainly because they're so bland. At least the Slamdance letter is written with a slight touch of wit and respect.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: GhostboyI submit something pretty much every year -- it's sort of just ritualistic now, more than anything else. I have no expectations...if I got in, it would be awesome, of course, but there's just no telling -- the quality of your film certainly isn't going to give you much sway.

That said, the rejection letters still suck. Mainly because they're so bland. At least the Slamdance letter is written with a slight touch of wit and respect.

do you actually submit films...or do you apply for the workshops?.....in you have't applied for the workshops...do so...you gots the ticket kid, use it!!!!

Ghostboy

Depending on what new material I have, I try to do both.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: GhostboyDepending on what new material I have, I try to do both.

Good do that shit...I seen yer stuff...is no bloke nor a joke...play that bill, do what it takes....you got da skills ....pay dos bills....!!!!

The Silver Bullet

I'm submitting a short to the Sundance Online Film Festival this year.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Vile5

Quote from: SickSacks...We should make the Xixax movie and try to get it screened at Sundance. It'd be a pants-creaming good time.

Yeahhhh.. that would be great! :)

Quote from: The Silver BulletI'm submitting a short to the Sundance Online Film Festival this year.

Good luck!, Buena Suerte! , Viel Glück!
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

pete

I submitted something shot on DV, and it was a rough cut, it was a short, so I'll find out on the 6th.
no high expectation here either...
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

ATTN: NYC
Sundance Institute At BAM

May 31—June 10

With films straight from the 2007 Sundance Film Festival, sneak peeks of new work being developed with Sundance Institute support, and programs that take you inside the creative process, Sundance Institute at BAM presents nine dramatic features, eight documentaries, a screenplay reading, and 27 shorts from some of the most exciting emerging filmmakers in the US and around the world.

http://www.bam.org/sundance/index_2007.aspx

they're playing a handful of films from this years Sundance most of which are still a few months from their actual release.  films incl. Son Of Rambow, Rocket Science and Snow Angels, all of which i have tickets to.  i'm not really sure if the directors will be there and soforth but it most of the movies are just $11 except SoR which is $15 because its Opening Night and they're playing it in some Opera House.  should be fun.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cloudy

How cool is it reading Ghostboy's comments in this thread now.  :yabbse-thumbup: