Who do you want to see win an Oscar?

Started by Find Your Magali, November 05, 2003, 11:55:53 AM

Find Your Magali

SHAFTR

It is tough between Johnny Depp & Paul Giamatti, but I am giving it to Giamatti b/c he made me really believe he was Pekar, while Depp gave a great performance, it was still Depp.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Alethia

i'd love to see william h. macy win, but not for that movie ( it wasn't bad, but he didn't do much in it)....so i'd say Bill Murray, cuz he was just so fucking fantastic in that so fucking fantastic movie.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: ewardi'd love to see william h. macy win, but not for that movie ( it wasn't bad, but he didn't do much in it)....so i'd say Bill Murray, cuz he was just so fucking fantastic in that so fucking fantastic movie.

Bill Macy should win for the Cooler... his performance in that movie was awesome.

meatwad

i voted for Bill Murray, but i think Sean Penn should win an oscar one of these days. I thought he should have won for Sweet & Lowdown, or at least Dead Man Walking. And between 21 Grams and Mystic River this year, i think he has the best shot.

xerxes

bill murray closely followed by peter dinklage and johnny depp

ono

Bill Murray, definitely.  He's long overdue.  Most of the other options would be interesting, but Murray definitely DESERVES it for his role.

I haven't seen Seabiscuit, but since I didn't even know Macy was in that, I can't imagine the role being too great.  Though it is true pretty much everything Macy touches turns gold.

Bridges deserves it, too, but I can't seem to get the awful Arlington Road out of my mind.  At least I have my Big Lebowski DVD around to constantly cleanse my mind whenever that comes up.

Depp should've won for Ed Wood, but nothing since has been worthy.

NEON MERCURY

Alethia

Kal

From those over there... Johnny Depp... some great Oscar movies still have to come out...

Gamblour.

David Blaine...

Nah, just kidding. Bill Murray all the way.
WWPTAD?

Newtron

cine

I would hope Depp isn't nominated for PofC... that would be sad. But Bill Murray -- man, I really see this being a huge possibility. :-D

Ghostboy

I'll definitely go with Murray, but I'd also really like to see Dinkelage get nominated. His performance was extraordinary.

coffeebeetle

I'm dissapointed to not see Penn there for Mystic River.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)