Judging judges

Started by kotte, October 29, 2003, 05:40:44 PM

kotte

Howcome judges in films and TV always, I repeat always, look tired, uninterested and bored out of their robe?

Not one sane, happy, jolly judge...not one.

I think it peaked with the suicidal judge in Justice for all.

"Get to the point, council" - Just about every judge on the silver screen.

cine

When you think about it, judges ARE boring... they ARE uninteresting... and they ARE tiresome...

But how could you not love Judge Judy?

kotte

Quote from: CinephileBut how could you not love Judge Judy?

Yeah, how could you not.

Quote from: CinephileWhen you think about it, judges ARE boring... they ARE uninteresting... and they ARE tiresome...

But they chose their occupation for a reason...where's the excitment, fire, the spirit?

aclockworkjj

Not the Judge in Moving Violations!!!

haha.

cine

Quote from: kotteBut they chose their occupation for a reason...where's the excitment, fire, the spirit?
Yeah, but these aren't lion tamers or anything...

Find Your Magali

Quote from: aclockworkjjNot the Judge in Moving Violations!!!

haha.

Wow. THERE'S a blast from the past. What crevice of your mind did you pull that from? That flick was on cable every day in the 80s. John Murray, looking just like his brother; Jennifer Tilly; Fred Willard; Sally Kellerman; James Keach.

Wow.

van gogh

Judges are like that because they are still paying off their law school student loans and just shelled over thousands of dollars to have the daughter married.

Trust me, I know.

cine

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Find Your MagaliJohn Murray, looking just like his brother; Jennifer Tilly; Fred Willard; Sally Kellerman; James Keach.

Wow.
Don't forget Don Cheadle.....hehe.  Wowzers!

Newtron

Quote from: CinephileHow/Why do you know?
He is your father.

van gogh

How do I know?  I work very close to the legal field.  I know quite a few judges.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: kotteBut they chose their occupation for a reason...where's the excitment, fire, the spirit?

Most judges are just waiting to judge bikini contests... then they'll get their excitement, fire, and spirit while selling votes via sex to the contestants...  even female judges dream of this, or so i've heard...

aclockworkjj

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickMost judges are just waiting to judge bikini contests... then they'll get their excitement, fire, and spirit while selling votes via sex to the contestants...  even female judges dream of this, or so i've heard...
:::packing his bags for law school:::

Ravi

Quote from: van goghHow do I know?  I work very close to the legal field.  I know quite a few judges.

Being in and out of court for drug possession charges is not "working very close to the legal field."

SoNowThen

my favorite tv judge is Julie Strain
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.