Great Concert Films

Started by Mesh, May 30, 2003, 03:45:17 PM

Mesh

Quote from: godardian
If Truth or Dare counts, so should The Filth and the Fury.

Barely counts as much as Truth or Dare, but, yeah, The Filth and the Fury was fascinating.

godardian

Quote from: Mesh

Barely counts as much as Truth or Dare, but, yeah, The Filth and the Fury was fascinating.

The concert segments of Truth or Dare were much prettier, but weren't they a very similar format? Documentary footage interspersed with a handful of selected concert performances?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Mesh

Quote from: Mesh

The concert segments of Truth or Dare were much prettier, but weren't they a very similar format? Documentary footage interspersed with a handful of selected concert performances?

I guess so.  Truth or Dare just feels more concert to me, I guess.  Let's rank The Filth and the Fury higher on the list, just to because when Johnny Rotten says "cunt" he really seems to be saying something....Madonna never quite did.

NEON MERCURY

.I would like to add the Wall live in Berlin(roger waters) an dhis In the flesh live  shows are cool......
And would like to add that live from the garden (pearl Jam)..is solid..I like it more than touring band 2000....

also the nad season live at the more..is swell..nice to hear layne's voice when ever i wish.....**also the screaming trees vocalist mark lanegan makes an appearence.....

and IMO the U2 POP-mart concert i got is bliss.....

I know that these are not the "greatest" in terms of concert films but , i like them......and better add them here than start a new thread......

aclockworkjj

Year of the Horse
Bittersweet Motel
Live at Pompeii

TheVoiceOfNick

Depeche Mode's 101 is one of the greatest concert films of all time... and its the forerunner for reality tv, especially shows like road rules... check it out, it just came out on DVD.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Live at Pompeii

..damn i forgot that one.....and i just bought it recently.... :oops: