NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Reinhold

Quote from: squints on November 12, 2009, 04:12:34 AM
who's playin' modern warfare 2? in other words..who wants some?

so the murdering innocents level was awesome...

i haven't seen anything about the game actually but this made it occur to me that eventually youll be able to play AL Qaeda in games, like how you can play the Nazis in games today. weird.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

I'm broke but I really want it. Killing innocent people appeals to me very much.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

Seriously, is anyone playing Modern Warfare 2 online? i just beat the campaign so now its time for some multi-player. Who's down?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

i don't think i could play modern warfare in my apartment. it'd kill the vibe completely.

anybody have any suggestions? i just got my ps3 back from storage and i bought an hdtv the other day. thinkin i might want to get a game.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

Little Big Planet. Metal Gear Solid 4. Fallout 3. Modern Warfare 2.
and...Netflix on the PS3 is awesome.

Kill the vibe? Seriously? Kill some fuckin' terrorists. Do a favor to your country. Fight for freedom etc.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Quote from: Reinhold on November 26, 2009, 09:17:10 AM
i don't think i could play modern warfare in my apartment. it'd kill the vibe completely.

What are you talking about?

Hey, Squints -- are you playing on 360 or PS3?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on November 26, 2009, 12:45:24 PM

Probably a bunch of terrorists in his kitchen eating kebab

Reinhold

haha, all i mean about killing the vibe is that the games is loud and violent, which is pretty much the opposite of what my roommate and i like at home. it does seem like a fun game, but just not something i want to own or have around my place... i love the shooters i already have but i don't really feel the need to play the most realistic one yet.

by the way it took a lot of persuasion for my roommate to even be cool with me getting an hdtv-- i compromised with a 32 inch screen.

Pas

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on November 26, 2009, 05:42:13 PM
sounds like a douche

not at all when you consider that my bedroom is the living room (in a tiny apartment even by manhattan standards) and i already have a mac pro setup with surround sound and two widescreen monitors

squints

Quote from: Stefen on November 26, 2009, 12:45:24 PM

Hey, Squints -- are you playing on 360 or PS3?

PS3 for now. probably be up on the 360 after xmas.

for anyone on the ps network my name's "imyourbrotha"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ok.  So I'm finally in the zone.  I'm getting a PS3 with my roommate.  So far our for sure games are Fallout 3 (mostly for me) and Fight Night Round 4 (mostly for him).

Tell me about the hidden gems of games that one can procure for the PS3.  I already know that I'll be getting the badass titles like Tekken 6, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Little Big Planet.  Not right away necessarily, just games I'll eventually pick up over time.

I'm more concerned with how fucking amazing Echochrome looks.  Is it as awesome as it looks?  Also, are there any other amazing games like it that I should be privy to?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Uncharted 2 is probably the best game on the system, and Infamous is a lot of fun.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Are you getting a PS3 for blu-ray? I'd go with a 360 if it's going to be primarily for games.