NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Gamblour.

Bad reviews, really? Do give it a rental, I think you'll be hooked.

I don't trust video game reviewers anyway. I got the Resistance: Game of the Year edition, and it was praised by so many critics, and it's a fucking stinker. Terrible story, dated graphics, boring gameplay. I'm so tired with it, I don't want to make it to the end.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

It's not bad, it's just really really short and there is no replay value. If it was longer, it would have been a classic.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

I downloaded the demo and played it for a while.  It's fun, definitely unique.  But hearing about how short it is, I can't justify spending 60 bucks on it.  I'll wait until I can pick it up used somewhere.

On a related note, the online 2D Flash version of the game is a blast: http://www.mirrorsedge2d.com/
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

who has a ps3? who wants to play resident evil 5 or little big planet with me?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

Quote from: squints on April 04, 2009, 10:01:08 AM
who has a ps3? who wants to play resident evil 5 or little big planet with me?

what's your psn id ? PasRap here

Reinhold

i still haven't gotten online with mine. i have to wait until i'm out of school to buy resident evil and GTA, but i have metal gear 4 and vegas 2 which can be played online.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

I bought RE5. Played it for an hour then put Fallout 3 back in.

FO3 really is one of the best games I've ever played. I haven't even gotten to the DLC yet.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

The exact same thing happened to me when I finally bought Bioshock a couple weeks ago (late to the party, I know).  I played it for an hour or so, saved my game, thought to myself, "You know what would be fun?  Fallout 3," and I haven't played Bioshock again since.

Pas

You people are insane. I loved Fallout 3 as much as the next guy but the storyline ain't worth dick. The game mechanics barely make sense and there are like 5 kind of ennemies. The mutants are ugly (too cartoony and not enough cartoony, the worst kind). and also it is way too easy. You can't put on hard to make it harder because then you get more XP which makes it even easier. Also shooting mirelurks sucks, also they and scorpions are way tougher than any enclave soldier, super mutant brute or any other real enemies. I cannot even find one part of the game where I was slightly challenged/nervous. With 100 stimpacks on hand and about 10 mininukes, I had to limit myself to make it interesting. Radiation is a non-issue as no damage is permanent and the amount of rad-x and rad-away at your disposition is limitless. The dialogues don't know if they're serious or tongue in cheek. The 300 different endings was absolute bullshit and there is not a single moment I felt like my character was a real person. The side quests are boring and are mostly simple fetch quests. I still liked playing it BUT :

Bioshock is almost perfect and it's the best game of the new generation.

On the other hand, RE5 is far from perfect. Still pretty good but not better than Fallout 3 I guess.

Stefen

You must have played the game with only a couple weapons. Different weapons for different enemies. I don't know what the fucks going on with the story. I didn't give a shit. The game was so much fun, I basically just did quests to find new markers to explore the map.

Bioshock is indeed awesome.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on April 09, 2009, 11:09:16 PM
You must have played the game with only a couple weapons. Different weapons for different enemies. I don't know what the fucks going on with the story. I didn't give a shit. The game was so much fun, I basically just did quests to find new markers to explore the map.

Bioshock is indeed awesome.

Yes I do agree that exploring the map itself is a lot of fun, especially the south, west and north part (east is too complicated with the metros)

Stefen

I hope Bioshock 2 is awesome. Playing as a Big Daddy is highly intriguing, but I hope it's not just part one, but as a Big Daddy. I hate when they make sequels to games just because the first one was successful. I wish they would do an original idea unless they have an original idea for a sequel or some great innovations.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on April 09, 2009, 11:15:34 PM
I hope Bioshock 2 is awesome. Playing as a Big Daddy is highly intriguing, but I hope it's not just part one, but as a Big Daddy. I hate when they make sequels to games just because the first one was successful. I wish they would do an original idea unless they have an original idea for a sequel or some great innovations.

I love the new mechanic idea for the little sister (Harvest or Adopt) and also the Big Sister looks quite scary. Ken Levine, the man behind Bioshock and System Shock (and Thief), is not involved so that's scary but from what I've read it should have all the goods of the gameplay of the Bioshock 1. Not so sure about the story though

polkablues

I feel like I'm missing something whenever I play Bioshock.  It has very nice production design, and the story is interesting, I guess, but playing it, it just feels to me like a so-so first-person shooter.  I don't get what is so special about the game that has the whole world wetting their pants about it. 

RegularKarate

I bought GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS.

I've never played a GTA game outside of the very first one for the PS and this one is pretty redundant, but pretty damn fun... one thing I'm surprised at is that this game was released for Nintendo... is this a step toward them allowing more adult themed games to be made for the Wii?  I mean I haven't run into games that allow actual cursing on a nintendo before... or have been missing something?