NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

polkablues

Quote from: Pas Rap on December 09, 2007, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: polkablues on November 17, 2007, 02:23:53 AM

My only disappointment is how short Call of Duty 4 is.  Fuck multiplayer.

Is there any way to play multiplayer-like-deathmatch against the AI ?

Not that I know of.  It might, but I only rented it, so I had enough time to play through the single player campaign, but not enough time to delve into any of the other features.  The single player game is amazing, though... one of the best of the year by far.  Just short.   :yabbse-undecided:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Raikus

Try completing it on Veteran. It suddenly becomes a muuuuuuuch longer game (Fuck you 'No Fighting in the War Room!').

There's no AI bots for the multiplayer, but damn, with multiplayer this good why would you want it? Easily the best MP FPS out there. The ranking up system is a joy and you can customize your gun, camo, gernades, gun accessories, scopes, and perks to your hearts galore.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

polkablues

Quote from: Raikus on December 10, 2007, 10:47:36 AM
Try completing it on Veteran. It suddenly becomes a muuuuuuuch longer game (Fuck you 'No Fighting in the War Room!').

I don't really consider having to repeat sections over and over because you keep dying "replay value," though.

Who knows, I might end up buying it at some point (or getting it for Christmas... my dad knows how much I liked it), and maybe it will convert me to the ways of online multiplayer.  Probably not, though.  I seriously fucking hate online multiplayer.

Pas

Quote from: polkablues on December 10, 2007, 09:35:48 PM
I seriously fucking hate online multiplayer.

Yeah me too. Seeing all characters jump around like frogs on meth totally burned me from FPS MP.

Bethie

I guess we're having this big wii party friday and/or saturday night. two tvs and shit. I'm excited.
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

Nintendo President Talks Wii Shortages, Announces Rain-Check Program
Consumers who preorder on December 20, 21 will receive system by end of January.

Citing historic demand for the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo of America President and Chief Operating Officer Reggie Fils-Aime spoke to reporters Friday (December 14) to explain why holiday shoppers are struggling to find the system on store shelves and what his company will — and won't — do about it.

"We expected Wii to perform extremely well within the historic launch parameters of the video game industry," Fils-Aime said. "What we didn't expect is to write an entirely new chapter in that history and have it happen that fast." He said the system has sold more than 6 million units in the U.S., and that even though Nintendo is now manufacturing 1.8 million a month, it "has remained a sellout virtually everywhere in America nonstop from the day it launched."

To alleviate consumer frustration, he said Nintendo and the retailer GameStop are announcing a rain-check program, guaranteeing that consumers who pay the full $249.99 preorder for the system on December 20 or 21 will receive a Wii by the end of January. He said that "many tens of thousands" of the rain checks will be available.

Fils-Aime also said that new systems will be on sale this weekend at "at least six national retailers," including Kmart, Best Buy, Sears, Target, Toys "R" Us and Circuit City. He added that Wal-Mart "will be pushing out massive amounts of Wii systems into their stores all week long."

He encouraged consumers not to pay more for the system than the $250 price, but said Nintendo cannot take steps to penalize retailers who mark up the cost other than to withhold extra supply.

Fils-Aime said Nintendo could do no better than they have. "I get personal calls from people wanting to know why we just don't manufacture more," he said. "Believe me, if it were that easy, we would." He blamed production constraints on Nintendo's dependence on a wide array of suppliers and a simple inability to meet constant consumer demand. "There was no ability for us to stockpile systems over the summer to meet the holiday rush."

One way to increase that output and the speed with which systems reach American consumers, though, would be to begin manufacturing the machine in the U.S. Currently it is only made in Asia. Asked about this by MTV News, Fils-Aime said, "We have no plans to manufacture the Wii system here in the Americas. It is a complicated system to assemble. There are quite a number of proprietary techniques that we use to protect ourselves in terms of piracy and security, so production will continue to remain in the Far East." In response to a later question, Fils-Aime declined to say whether Nintendo was beginning to air-ship its consoles instead of shipping them across the Pacific by boat, as is the norm.

Given that Nintendo is manufacturing 1.8 million Wiis a month and that U.S. sales hit 980,000 in November, according to the NPD sales-tracking firm, Nintendo of America appears to be drawing about half of the global supply. MTV News asked if the U.S. might be due an even bigger portion.

"As you know, Japan has no Thanksgiving, same for Europe. So we knew that in order to maximize the selling opportunity that we have here in the U.S., we needed to have a greater share of the production," Fils-Aime said. "And you are correct. If you simply do the math it would suggest that we receive 50 percent of production for the month. As we look to the future, the decisions that are being made by the executive committee of Nintendo are to put the hardware where it will essentially sell out the fastest. ... My role in my job is to continue to share information with them on the strong sales here in the Americas and to argue for a larger and larger share of production, which is what I do every week."

Fils-Aime could not indicate when Nintendo will begin making even more Wiis — or revert to non-holiday rates — saying there is "no date targeted" for a change.

For now, the Wii remains hot. The 981,000 units sold in the U.S. in November compared to 466,000 PS3s, 496,000 PS2s and 770,000 Xbox 360s, according to NPD.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

bay area peeps: any good arcade in the area?  I've only found one in san rafael and I'm thinking of forming a gang and hitting that in the near future.  if you're interested lemme know, but if you know of some place closer, lemme know too.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

people still play in arcades? i stopped going when the price of a game went up from 20 cents.

then again, i never had a gang.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pubrick on December 19, 2007, 11:58:21 PM
people still play in arcades?
No. I stopped going when I stopped going to Chuck E. Cheese's.

Pete, have arcade games even gotten better since ten years ago? Whenever I peek my head into one I still see the same Cruis'n USA/World/Jurassic Park/Area 51 shit. The only reason to go to one now is motherfucking Air Hockey, which you can find at any arcade.

©brad

everyone goes to arcades... when they're fuckin 6.

does anyone remember playing the old 4-player x-men game? that shit rocked, it kept me busy and broke for two long summers. mortal kombat 2 was my other favorite. then i stopped going, i think it was around the same time i discovered masturbation.

Stefen

My favorite arcade game was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles one. Where you pick the turtle you want and it starts out in that building and you have to kill all those foot soldiers while the building is burning.

I too stopped going to the arcade when I started having sex (With girls though. Not with myself.)

I think we pinpointed the reason pete still wants to hang out in arcades.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

hey guys whats this masturbation thing that everyone keeps on talking about?

I'M GONNA PLAY TEKKEN 5 THIS WEEKEND.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Dude, get yourself a 360 if you want to meet chicks. You got to an arcade and impress a chick with a 30 hit combo and what's the best you can do? Feel her up behind the food court? You impress a girl at your moms house while she's at work and you can do whatever you want. You got the house to yourself. EXPERIMENT! I suggest the Brooklyn Brickhouse, the Pine Sol Mop Top, and my personal favorite, the AC Slater!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Maybe a little of the ol' Tennessee Slingshot.  And a Wobbly Bobtail, if you have enough counter space.