Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

modage

Oh, Best Buy is the WORST!  Over Christmas I was there with my brother just marvelling at how expensive everything was.  I was going around with my Amazon app on the iPhone where you can scan the barcode and it'll bring up the price and EVERY SINGLE Blu-ray that we scanned was cheaper online.  Between like 3 and 12 dollars cheaper.  It was crazy.  As I said on Twitter,

Best Buy: we're fucking you because you waited too long to order from Amazon.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

I bought the first 3 seasons of MadMen at Best Buy for ten bucks a pop. It was the best buy i ever had.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

tpfkabi

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on January 04, 2011, 01:39:16 PM
I bought the first 3 seasons of MadMen at Best Buy for ten bucks a pop. It was the best buy i ever had.

Black Friday, right? They seemed to have everything, but the latest Smallville season which I wanted to get for my mom.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

The Perineum Falcon

Yes, Black Friday. They were the only store in my area offering a sale like that. I have a friend who works at moviestop, and even his discount wouldn't have saved me as much.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

Amazon had the same deal.  Sales like that are the exception for BB, but that's the only time you can consider spending money there.  
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Does anyone have Amazon prime? I'm on the trial and thinking about paying the $79.99 to have it for the year.

When I buy from Amazon, I always wait until I have $30 worth of stuff to qualify for free shipping and usually end up getting things I don't want. With Amazon prime, it's been awesome. If I want something, I can order it and get free two-day shipping and usually the item is shipped on the same day I order it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ono

Amazon Prime is pretty nice.  I split it with my brother, so we share an account.  Works just the same at half price!

Stefen

Quote from: ono on January 05, 2011, 05:15:34 PM
Amazon Prime is pretty nice.  I split it with my brother, so we share an account.  Works just the same at half price!

My friend was telling me about this, but don't you have to have everything shipped to their address and use their credit card?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Stefen on January 05, 2011, 05:34:39 PM
Quote from: ono on January 05, 2011, 05:15:34 PM
Amazon Prime is pretty nice.  I split it with my brother, so we share an account.  Works just the same at half price!

My friend was telling me about this, but don't you have to have everything shipped to their address and use their credit card?

No, you can have different credit cards on your profile and multiple destinations. When you get to checkout, you just have to say which card and location you are going to use. I have two locations and three different credit cards on my Amazon prime account.

Stefen

Will he be able to see my purchases and will I be able to see his? What about credit card info?

Gold Trumpet

You will be able see each other purchases, yes, but credit card information is protected. When you put it in there, you can only see a few digits of the number. You can't just copy and paste it. The only option is to delete it.

squints

Quote from: Stefen on January 05, 2011, 07:05:18 PM
Will he be able to see my purchases and will I be able to see his? What about credit card info?

Cause i don't want him knowin bout my love of iCarly.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

ono

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on January 05, 2011, 08:48:04 PM
You will be able see each other purchases, yes, but credit card information is protected. When you put it in there, you can only see a few digits of the number. You can't just copy and paste it. The only option is to delete it.
I went back through my purchase history.  I'm pretty sure that's not true unless the primary Prime membership holder is able to see a secondary membership holder's purchases (definitely not vice versa).

Stefen

Just got this email from Criterion

QuoteWe will be announcing new Blu-ray and DVD editions of Solaris as part of our May lineup. We now know that the black-and-white scenes in the film were meant to be tinted blue, and we have updated the feature accordingly. The supplements from the original DVD will not change.

The old DVD edition is officially out of print. However, we are offering it at a 65% discount from the SRP at criterion.com (use the promotion code RHEYA at checkout). We have a limited supply and will fulfill orders as soon as we can.

If anyone wants to pick up the soon to be out of print (but is going to be reissued on a new DVD and BD) double-disc DVD it can be has at the Criterion store for less than $14.