The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

tpfkabi

For whatever reason, I thought Dwight/Angela at the end was Kevin and the new gal for a split second.

I just finished watching through all of Season 2 on DVD and so much great stuff ends up on the cutting room floor.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

I Love a Magician

favorite deleted scene from season 2: creed playing guitar

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

tpfkabi

Quote from: I Love a Magician on May 29, 2008, 02:23:30 AM
favorite deleted scene from season 2: creed playing guitar

him sleeping at the office 4 nights a week was another good deleted scene.

Reinhold

I don't know if there are any other Chicago Xixaxers, but on the 27th of August there will be a spec script reading for the Office if anybody's interested:

The Lakeshore Theater will be host to it's first spec script readings by two Chicago comedy writer and performers, Todd Edwards and Dan Telfer. The idea of these readings is to collect feedback from the audience via detailed comment cards, and generate interest within the writing industry. The first reading, by Edwards, will be at 7pm. There will be a brief break for the audience to fill out their cards and relax, and then Telfer's reading will begin promptly at 8pm. Both readings are free to the public, and food will be provided. There will also be a pay bar. Performers in the reading come from Second City, Blewt Productions, Chicago Underground Comedy, iO, ComedySportz and more.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MacGuffin

They must have dropped a storyline, because I kept wondering, "Why does Meredith's face look like a burn victim?" Anyway, the premiere was okay.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 27, 2008, 11:07:25 AM
They must have dropped a storyline, because I kept wondering, "Why does Meredith's face look like a burn victim?" Anyway, the premiere was okay.

I totally missed that.

I thought it was very unrealistic to have Ryan back for the company after his name and association with the company would have been all over the news.

Kal

Quote from: bigideas on September 27, 2008, 12:45:42 PM

I thought it was very unrealistic to have Ryan back for the company after his name and association with the company would have been all over the news.

Well, he was hired by Michael through the temp agency again, and not by corporate. There is good chance Michael could get in trouble for it or something so we'll see what happens.

Overall I think this was my favorite 1 hour episode. The ones before always seemed too long, and this one was just right. Michael was once again funny and not in a over-the-top retarded way, and I liked the whole summer idea to kinda show us what happened over the past few months. Poor Toby.

ponceludon

I think they could have drawn out the Holly-thinking-Kevin's-retarded thing a little longer. Seemed like a lot to smush into one episode, and then sort of gloss over.

modage

i've never been a big fan, but i do like the show.  there seemed to be a lot going on this episode.  the continuity seemed a little wacky too, michaels goatee disappeared at the lunch table with Jim, was back the next scene etc. the scare with Mad Men guy was good, but dramatically there is nowhere but boringville to go with marriages and happiness.  thats the sign of an aging show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

Quote from: modage on September 27, 2008, 02:23:28 PM
but dramatically there is nowhere but boringville to go with marriages and happiness.  thats the sign of an aging show.

i did like how they set up what was going to be the inevitable drama (pam meeting a jim-esque guy at school) only to come back with the proposal scene. i agree though that this shouldn't last too much longer.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Stefen

Hey, 30 Rock starts next week.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: Stefen on September 28, 2008, 03:40:44 AM
NO!!!!!!!!

Season Premiere October 30th 9:30/8:30c
Special Online Premiere October 23rd!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

Yeah, one more month for 30 Rock... but Californication starts tonight! I already saw the premiere and its great!

Stefen

Quote from: modage on September 28, 2008, 10:02:39 AM
Quote from: Stefen on September 28, 2008, 03:40:44 AM
NO!!!!!!!!

Season Premiere October 30th 9:30/8:30c
Special Online Premiere October 23rd!

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.