Best use of Rolling Stones music in a movie?

Started by ShanghaiOrange, June 28, 2003, 04:41:25 PM

modage

i think that The Big Chill gets shit on a little bit cause its dig in High Fidelity.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: themodernage02i think that The Big Chill gets shit on a little bit cause its dig in High Fidelity.

I would agree.  I started watching the film (Big Chill) on TV once and I watched only the first 20 mins (had to leave) and I enjoyed it.  I still doubt it is as good as most of the films on the poll though, that is what I meant with my earlier comment.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Alethia

Holden Pike

The airfield rescue at the end of High Risk (1981), set to "Satisfaction".

Nah, just kidding. Any and all of the Scorseses will do nicely of course, though at this moment I'm voting for "I Am Waiting" in Rushmore, if only because it's a Stones tune that doesn't get played to death on FM radio, and it perfectly fit Wes' montage.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

modage

what about the song Moonlight Mile in that movie with Jake Gyllenhall, (i cant remember what its called).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Derek237

I voted Goodfellas. Great uses of Gimmie Shelter and Monkey Man.....