8mm filmmaking

Started by Dendy, March 01, 2003, 04:37:48 PM

Dendy

Well Hello.

I want to buy an 8mm camera, along with an editor, and projector.
That way I can shoot, edit, and watch my own personal films.

My question:

I've been looking on eBay, and there are many to choose from, but with no experience I have no idea which ones are sufficient, and are compatible to which kind of film, etc.

any suggestions as to a particular brand, or particular features I should be sure and get?

thanks you.
"The Dude Abides"

Cecil

this is for super 8

http://home.pacbell.net/mnyberg/super8mm/super8_19.html

where are you located? if its in canada then i think you can only have your film processed in toronto.

BonBon85

For some reason I started really getting into super 8 this year. I picked up a screen, camera, and light set for ten bucks at a garage sale. Funny how the film/processing costs way more. You can buy mailers to have kodak process it in some distant land (Sweden?) or I've heard a rumor that target and longs offers mailers. Make sure you're looking at super 8 because they don't make film for regular 8 anymore. I stick to garage sales and now have 3 cameras and two projectors that only cost me about $50 as a whole. The projectors and one of the cameras are Bell and Howell, and they seem to work pretty well. Also, don't bother buying a sound camera because they're bigger and you can't get film for them.

One of the coolest things to do is to get clear super 8 leader and you can draw/animate directly on it (have a magnifying glass handy) and watch it right away on your projector...one of my bored on a Sunday activities.

Dendy

thank you.
thank you.

this has helped a LOT!

:wink:
"The Dude Abides"

Ghostboy

If you feel like spending a bit more money, check out Super8Sound...they're a pro Super 8 shop that cuts 35mm stock down to the 8mm gauge. They process the film for you, but because it's actually negative film, they won't make a print...you can only have it telecined. I believe their site is www.super8sound.com...