fake blood, and fake snortable cocaine?

Started by socketlevel, March 07, 2004, 02:28:24 PM

mutinyco

Quote from: GhostboyIsn't baby laxaxtive a common coke subsitute?

I'm sure they'll enjoy diarrhea coming out of their noses...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

socketlevel

thanks, i'll go with the recipe and figure out the best look by trial and error.  i'm shooting in colour, on HD so i think it'll look fine.  i'll keep the chocolate syrup thing in mind if i ever go for B&W in the future.  who would have thought?  boggles my mind.  at the same time if you ever needed to apply it to an actor's mouth, it would be tasty.

the coke thing doesn't seem too concrete (no general concent) so maybe i should go with what PTA said.  something with a little bite would be good, so the actors can react to an actual stimulus.  you know make their eyes water a bit, and nose a little sore.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

socketlevel

used a blood recipe that turned out pretty good and baking sugar in the end.  actor thought it wasn't too bad but it might be a macho thing on his part.  he tried to fake it past me near the forth take.  kind of funny.

thanks again guys.

-sl-

yo yo pro t bono

travisbickle1000

i have had the best luck with the corn syrup thing like everyone else says. if you are doing gunshots, try putting some blood into a super soaker and put it behind your actors head and then blast it onto a wall or something, depending on your super soaker it can look really good i think. the only problem is the corn syrup can ruin your favorite squirt gun :(

socketlevel

no forget about the super soaker thing,

use an air gun, soak a bit of tissue in with some of the blood mixture and then shoot it at the actor, the viewer doesn't see it coming on frame and it also leaves a perfect circle on impact.  it's looks really good, all we needed to do at that point was add a two frame mussle flash to the prop gun via photoshop in post, then put in a gunshot sound from a sound library.  it worked like a charm, you can't notice the difference.  I really fucking mean it, it looks professional.  that cost us about one dollar (canadian by the way) compared to the two thousand dollar expense if you shoot with a squib and got a pyrotechnic permit for a blank in a real gun.  it's all a bunch of nonsense you can do away with these days.

the beauty of technology

-sl-

imawombat

Quote from: metroshaneAnyone here ever had to snort anything?  Doesn't sound pleasant to me.

unfortunately, yes.  powdered sugar and it wasn't fun...but it looked pretty good.
these things do happen