fake blood, and fake snortable cocaine?

Started by socketlevel, March 07, 2004, 02:28:24 PM

socketlevel

i don't know if this was a topic before but i'm making a short film and i need recipes for fake cocaine (that can be snorted on camera) and fake blood (not a dawn of the dead comic book look, but realistic blood that could be applied to clothing and put in mouth.  maybe there are two diff ones for each effect?)

anyone know this?  i would fucking love it.

-sl-

oh another thing, if you guys know any good sites for this kind of thing post them too.  thanks.
the one last hit that spent you...

a hobby shop or costume shop will cover your fake blood needs...

for cocaine use what was it.. fructose?  sucrose?  Something white.. I don't remember.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

cine

socketlevel

only prob is i'm in toronto.  maybe there is something here as well.  well i'm sure there is but i don't know where to look.  i've been searching

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Ghostboy

Corn syrup with red food coloring is the general fake blood favorite, I think. Only you have to put something else in it, like milk, to make it opaque, and also a drop or two of blue to get it dark enough.

Isn't baby laxaxtive a common coke subsitute? I think they used that on Requiem, if I remember correctly.

Here's a fun joke to play on your actors, though. Let them know that you're using baby laxative. Unbeknownst to them, though, you or your art director actually crushes a tin of altoids into a fine white powder and leaves that on the set for them to snort in the scene. What surprise they're in for!

I did this in high school. It's fun.

mutinyco

Or baking powder. Or is that baking soda. No...then you might wind up with a volcano coming out of your nose...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

cine

You know what. Just get the real stuff.
Realism, my fellow Canadian friend. Realism.

MacGuffin

I asked a prop guy on the TV show "Kingpin" what they used for cocaine, and he said they had the actors snorting powered vitamin B12.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: GhostboyHere's a fun joke to play on your actors, though. Let them know that you're using baby laxative. Unbeknownst to them, though, you or your art director actually crushes a tin of altoids into a fine white powder and leaves that on the set for them to snort in the scene. What surprise they're in for!

I did this in high school. It's fun.

Great way to get actors to never work with you again.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

metroshane

Ghostboy has the right recipe for blood in color pics...but I believe plain ol' chocolate syrup is better for b/w film.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

booji_boy

White corn syrup, with red food colouring, and a HINT of either blue, or green. Food colouring varies by the brand, and in some cases, you don't even need to add green or blue. Sometimes even a drop of yellow. Just mix and match until you get the colour you want. You don't NEED milk, it really depends on what kind of a wound the blood is coming from, and in what amount. You can easily make a good couple of pints of blood for under $6, so don't bother running out to buy a $20 bottle of woochie "cinema blood", unless you're pressed for time, and can spare the money. All they're doing is the work for you, the ingredients really don't vary. If you're doing B&W, then go with chocolate syrup. It's even cheaper, and requires no additional work.

Let me know how it turns out!

-Rob.
Duty Now For The Future!

prophet

hah im quoting PTA here "this is lactose and fructose.....that they're snorting here."
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

metroshane

Anyone here ever had to snort anything?  Doesn't sound pleasant to me.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

cine

Quote from: metroshaneAnyone here ever had to snort anything?
Story of my life.

El Duderino

i've done it once or twice, wasn't really all it's cracked up to be...IMO
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?