EXTRA SUPER BONUS SPECIAL EDITION

Started by SoNowThen, January 28, 2004, 01:52:22 PM

modage

the Rip-You-Off Edition...

Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment has released early details on The Grudge: The Extended Edition which stars Sarah Michelle Gellar. The new disc will be available to own from the 3rd May this year, and should set you back around $28.95 in total. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. English and Spanish subtitles will also be provided. The only other thing we know, is the runtime, which is listed as being 98 minutes. That would make it around seven minutes longer than the theatrical cut. I'm afraid we have no other details at the moment, but we'll bring you the full spec rundown (and the official package artwork!) shortly. Stay tuned for that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

i heard the special director's edition of battle royale also took out some footage from the film.

anyone know about this?

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Quote from: themodernage02the Rip-You-Off Edition...

iRobot details here: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5942&n=1&burl=

i,will smith robot
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

modage

EVERY MOVIE YOU EVER BOUGHT, COMING SOON IN UNECCESARY EDITION:

Miramax Home Entertainment has announced a two-disc director's cut of Sling Blade which is written, directed, and stars Academy Award® winner Billy Bob Thornton. The film will be available to own from the 7th June this year, and should retail at around $19.99. As well as the director's cut of the film, the disc will include two audio commentaries (the original laser disc commentary and a newly recorded one), a Mr. Thornton Goes to Hollywood featurette on the rise of Billy Bob and the evolution of Sling Blade, round table interviews/discussions with Billy Bob Thornton, Dwight Yoakam, Mickey Jones, Daniel Lanois, Larry Meistrich, Harvey Weinstein and Lucas Black and a still gallery. The disc will also include two features entitled Swingblade and The Return of Carl, although it isn't clear what those actually are right now!

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has announced an unrated director's cut of Gone in 60 Seconds and an unrated special edition of Coyote Ugly. Both will be available to own from the 7th June this year, priced at around $19.99 a piece. Extras on the Gone in 60 Seconds disc will include a Zero to 60 featurette on the film's origins, story and script development, a Wild Rides featurette on the stunts of the film, another featurette entitled The Big Chase featuring plenty of behind the scenes footage on the main chase and a Stars of the Film featurette which is pretty self explanatory! Completing the set will be conversations with Jerry Bruckheimer on the role of the producer, an Action Overload highlight reel featuring spectacular adrenaline pumping scenes, the theatrical trailer and The Cult music video. Coyote Ugly on the other hand will include an additional 7 minutes of never-before-seen footage including adult-related content, deleted scenes, additional audio commentary from "The Coyotes," producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director David McNally, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a LeAnn Rimes Music Video, an action overload reel, the theatrical trailer and more. We'll bring you the official artwork for these two titles very shortly.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has announced a new 15th Anniversary edition of Father Of The Bride which stars Steve Martin. The disc will be available to own from the 7th June this year, and should retail at around $19.99. As well as an anamorphic widescreen transfer and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, the disc will include an introduction to Father Of The Bride which takes a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Father Of The Bride, a Steve Martin and Martin Short interview with each other, and a director's audio commentary.

Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment has announced an extended director's cut of Tears of the Sun which stars Bruce Willis, Monica Bellucci, Cole Hauser, Fionnula Flanagan and Eamonn Walker. This Antoine Fuqua directed film, will be available to own from the 7th June this year, priced at around $19.94. I'm afraid we have no further details on this one yet, but as soon as Columbia releases more details - we'll let you know.

Myxo

I love that.

They're releasing a "special edition" of Coyote Ugly.

:lol:

Lemme guess, this one is unrated?

Ravi

cine

Quote from: RatnerrMan on Fire 2-disc Cover

Pretty cool cover.
yeah, i didnt know ray charles was in it.

MacGuffin

Buena Vista and Pixar have announced the release of a Toy Story: 10th Anniversary Edition due on 9/6. Of course, there's just no way that the 2-disc set could top the previous Toy Story: Ultimate Toy Box set, but for those of you wondering, the new release will include audio commentary by director John Lasseter and his creative team (joined by producers Ralph Guggenheim and Bonnie Arnold - likely the same track on the previous DVD), the all-new The Making of Toy Story featurette, deleted scenes, various design and production featurettes and a preview of Pixar's forthcoming Cars. Just how much of this material is new and how much will be recycled from the Toy Box remains to be seen. We'll post more details when we get them.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=6577&n=1&burl=

Fox Home Entertainment has announced an unrated edition of comedy Dodgeball which stars Ben Stiller. The disc will be available to own from the 2nd August, priced at around $26.98. The film will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. The runtime is listed as being 93 minutes, which would make it around one minute longer than the standard theatrical cut. Extras will include a new joke commentary by writer/director Rawson Marshall Thurber and Actors Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn, a second 'easteregg' audio commentary with the same guys, and a third 'easteregg' commentary by Rawson Marshall Thurber on his own. Other features include deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary, an alternate ending with optional commentary, bloopers, a Justin Long: A Study in Ham & Cheese featurette, a Dodgeball Boot Camp: Training for the Dodgeball featurette, and another featurette entitled The Anatomy of a Hit. Completing the package will be a comedy montage, a Dodgeball: Go for the Gold feature, More with the Dodgeball Dancers (with video introduction by Writer/Director Rawson Marshall Thurber), theatrical trailer A, theatrical trailer B, trailers for The Ringer and Arrested Development, and the screenplay (DVD-ROM). We'll bring you the artwork, very shortly.

Chrisdarko

most of the time the only thing unrated means is that version wasn't given to the mpaa to rate so it is unrated no extra nudity no more cursing just some scene that they added in to sell more dvds :yabbse-angry:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: GingerThe unrated version of Dodgeball probably has something like a few awkward sex jokes and a few "fuck"s thrown in.  Waste of money.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but... the Rated version of Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story also comes with a full length version of the film Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.  

You get ripped off with both versions.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Yeah, that's why I deleted the post..

Also, that should've read "a few extra awkward".

My original post, I mean.

Ah, hell, I'm going crazy with edits.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick