EXTRA SUPER BONUS SPECIAL EDITION

Started by SoNowThen, January 28, 2004, 01:52:22 PM

cine

Quote from: RaviSome people want the DTS track, but Columbia only offers them on Superbit titles.  But at least they did a good special edition instead of putting a trailer for Spiderman 2 and re-releasing the existing disc.
Oh I know what you mean (proud owner of Lawrence of Arabia Superbit) but I think the Superbit should've been released with the barebones edition. It kind of looks silly putting this beside the ultimate deluxe edition... but anyway, that's just me.

SHAFTR

I'd like a Super Special Edition of Adaptation, Blade Runner, Apocolypse Now and Bottle Rocket.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Henry Hill

is everybody going to upgrade? the edition already out is pretty packed as is.  :?

bonanzataz

Quote from: SHAFTRI'd like a Super Special Edition of Adaptation

this has been promised for a long long time. jonze advertises it on his director's series dvd.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SHAFTR

Quote from: taz.
Quote from: SHAFTRI'd like a Super Special Edition of Adaptation

this has been promised for a long long time. jonze advertises it on his director's series dvd.

I know, which makes me go even longer without owning a copy of Adaptation.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

SiliasRuby

I sure hope they do one for Adaptation Soon.....Anyway, I'll be waiting patiently
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Columbia have announced an original uncut version of Das Boot which stars the likes of Jürgen Prochnow, Herbert Grönemeyer and Klaus Wennemann. This two disc set will include a two hundred and ninety three minute cut of the series, and will be available to own in shops from the 1st June this year. The retail price should be set at around $39.95. As well as a new anamorphic widescreen presentation, the set will include both English and German Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks as well as a making-of featurette.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Quote from: MacGuffinColumbia have announced an original uncut version of Das Boot which stars the likes of Jürgen Prochnow, Herbert Grönemeyer and Klaus Wennemann. This two disc set will include a two hundred and ninety three minute cut of the series, and will be available to own in shops from the 1st June this year. The retail price should be set at around $39.95. As well as a new anamorphic widescreen presentation, the set will include both English and German Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks as well as a making-of featurette.

Anybody have any opinions on that movie? I remember watching almost half of the old "directors cut" on vhs (I don't think it was this long) when I was 18, but then I had to take it back to the video store. It seemed pretty interesting...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SoNowThen
Anybody have any opinions on that movie?

.5 phucking hours..... :yabbse-tongue: ........i think i'll pass on that....

rather watch this instead:

MacGuffin

DreamWorks is tentatively planning a multi-disc Gladiator: Director's Cut DVD for 2005, which will include Ridley Scott's longer version of the film (many of the deleted scenes on the previous DVD release will be edited back into the film, and there will be new bonus material as well).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: MacGuffinColumbia have announced an original uncut version of Das Boot which stars the likes of Jürgen Prochnow, Herbert Grönemeyer and Klaus Wennemann. This two disc set will include a two hundred and ninety three minute cut of the series, and will be available to own in shops from the 1st June this year. The retail price should be set at around $39.95. As well as a new anamorphic widescreen presentation, the set will include both English and German Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks as well as a making-of featurette.

Anybody have any opinions on that movie? I remember watching almost half of the old "directors cut" on vhs (I don't think it was this long) when I was 18, but then I had to take it back to the video store. It seemed pretty interesting...

I had to watch Das Boot for "Film as Literature" in high school. That class was the fucking bomb. I got to watch..

Psycho
Rear Window
Vertigo

Das Boot
Cool Hand Luke

.. and lots of others in that class..

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinDreamWorks is tentatively planning a multi-disc Gladiator: Director's Cut DVD for 2005, which will include Ridley Scott's longer version of the film (many of the deleted scenes on the previous DVD release will be edited back into the film, and there will be new bonus material as well).

sweet tap dancing christ, when will ridley scott make a cut of one of his movies that he actually likes the first time around?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

If it was cut from the original, why do we need a version with it?

To say, "now I understand why they made those cuts?"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinDreamWorks is tentatively planning a multi-disc Gladiator: Director's Cut DVD for 2005, which will include Ridley Scott's longer version of the film (many of the deleted scenes on the previous DVD release will be edited back into the film, and there will be new bonus material as well).

Ugh. Gladiator..

:roll:

So, we get more added bad dialogue then? ;)

Orteous

Quote from: MyxomatosisSo, we get more added bad dialogue then? ;)