EXTRA SUPER BONUS SPECIAL EDITION

Started by SoNowThen, January 28, 2004, 01:52:22 PM

SoNowThen

Over 3 frames of extra footage!
See the movie as it was meant to be seen!!
With way more special features than the last Super Edition -- including 2 extra trailers to shitty movies you don't ever wanna see!
Includes special mega interview (2 minutes) with X Actress, who states that working with Y Director was the highlight of her career!
Plus!! See special preview of another movie coming soon, where same X Actress now states that working with Z Director was actually the highlight of her career!!
All this, and more features include Chapters, Fast Forward Options, Audio, Collector's 1 page booklet...

really now
anybody else getting a little sick with the back-patting shlock that's getting on all our new "special release" dvds? Now when Criterion puts out a disc and calls it a special edition, it fucking well means something. But some of this crap... I s'pose it's because they can hoop 1000 more people into buying it if it has 1 extra 5 minute "behind the scenes" thing that most regular joe folks never even watch. And what's up with some commentaries? "umm, so here, Keanu is tapping his shoe. There's a close up of the shoe. Those are cowboy boots. Keanu's character wears cowboy boots" -- this is actual dialogue taken from the Devil's Advocate comm.

And I'm not talking about the LOTR dvds. That, imo, is all cool, because it's totally different versions of the films, and they do a hell of a good job putting out great packaging and extras. But seriously, if this shit keeps going downhill, I mean it's getting to be a fucking embarrassment...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

ono

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

cine

life_boy

Or if we can't do any of that, let's repackage the DVD with a new cover.

Pas

Has anyone ever seen a normal edition of Saving Private Ryan ? And what's so special about the special edition ?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pas RapportHas anyone ever seen a normal edition of Saving Private Ryan ?

There is no 'normal' edition. It only comes as the Special Limited Editon or the same edition but with a DTS track.

Quote from: Pas RapportAnd what's so special about the special edition ?

It has a couple of featurettes, trailers, etc.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weird. Oh

Yeah I always wondered about this same question. If there is only one release of the DVD, what's so special about it? In regards to the JFK, I was wondering if anyone noticed this new special edition is the same as the Olive Stone Collection JFK'.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Weirdo1769movieMikeIn regards to the JFK, I was wondering if anyone noticed this new special edition is the same as the Olive Stone Collection JFK'.

It's not entirely the same. The newer edition has the documentary "Beyond JFK" that wasn't on the flimsy snapper case edition.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

.hahahahaha.....so true sonowthen et al...about this......

i would like to comment on the unniversial special editions.......if a remeber correcly...and maybe Mac can add to this but unniversal usually slaps "collectors editionn" or "special editionn"...and i think that it offers sh*t...and its misleading........i think this is mainly w/ unniversal though........

Derek237

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaBack, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Back, and to the left...

Hmm what show is that from?? The Critic, maybe? Nah.

I bought the DVD set and I've been watching nothing but The Critic for the past 2 days. Help me.... :shock:

ono

It is from The Critic (shocker, I know), but it was in reference to Jay reviewing JFK: the Director's Cut, with, I think it was like "four hours of added footage."

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Pas RapportHas anyone ever seen a normal edition of Saving Private Ryan ?

There is no 'normal' edition. It only comes as the Special Limited Editon or the same edition but with a DTS track.

Quote from: Pas RapportAnd what's so special about the special edition ?

It has a couple of featurettes, trailers, etc.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/archive/2004/02_25.html

Also just announced from DreamWorks is a new re-release of Steven Spielberg's Oscar-winning war epic Saving Private Ryan, which will get a spiffy new two-disc set on May 25th, just in time for D-Day. The Saving Private Ryan 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition features a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks on disc one, plus a second disc with the same extras from the previous special edition, including an introduction by Spielberg, the 30-minute documentary Into the Breach, plus production notes, filmographies and theatrical trailers. As of now, there are no additional extras announced (but stay tuned for a confirm) and retail will be $26.95.

Alethia

ehh im buying schindler's box set, but i don't think im gonna buy the ryan 2-disc - aint worth it, theres no new extras...

Finn

Wow, Tad Hamilton really looks like PTA on the dvd cover of Win A Date With Tad Hamilton!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."