what dvd from your collection are you most proud of?

Started by cron, December 21, 2003, 01:49:28 PM

Reed Rothchild

Quote from: Pubrick on December 22, 2003, 10:08:58 AM
the pdl screener i stole.

haha i watched that thing like 11 times before the dvd came out.  :yabbse-grin:
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: penfold0101 on November 11, 2005, 03:28:35 AM
My Criterion Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, I had to spend a bit of time finding this little guy here in the UK, I think its probably the best quality sound and picture of any DVD I own.

That comes second, and in first place:

The Good The Bad and The Ugly SE

matt35mm

I think my Criterion Robocop is pretty rare.  I recall hearing that very few copies were made.

It is pretty neat, and is the X-Rated cut.  It is, at least, a standout in my collection, as everything else is easily purchaseable.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I think this is rare because no one really wants it.  It's a big guilty pleasure of mine, though.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

penfold0101

I got my copy for £7 new, dont think anyone in the UK knows what it is!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Robyn

I don't know if there's any particular dvd I'm proud of, but it's great to have a big DVD-collection in general. For example; if you're at a party and meet a nice and cute girl who's into Godard, you can just casually say "well, just follow me home and I can show you my huge Godard-collection", without being worried that she will be disappointed. The big Godard-collection always makes up for the small dick.

Reel

Yeah and say you're Netflix subscription wasn't renewed this month, like me. Gotta have those DVD's as backup. I'm actually happy I own that Drive DVD, doing my best to forget about the special features ( just reminded myself. FFUUUUUCCCCCKKK ) I probably got about 200. You have an awesome collection, dude. You should be proud. What's your favorite?

Robyn

The swedish netflix is pretty bad. I'm not gonna pay for that shit.

Oh, my favorite? Maybe the Solaris Criterion DVD or my Lars von Trier collection. My Lars von Trier collection is something I'm quite proud of now when I think about it.

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: KJ on December 03, 2012, 10:57:10 AM
If you're at a party and meet a nice and cute girl who's into Godard, you can just casually say "well, just follow me home and I can show you my huge Godard-collection", without being worried that she will be disappointed. The big Godard-collection always makes up for the small dick.

Wait, wait... There are girls that are into Godard?  What kinda parties are you going to? I need to get me one of those.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Reel

Quote from: Garam on December 12, 2012, 11:18:19 AM
I ended up hating all my dvds i had as a teen cause I rinsed them all.

what the hell does that mean?

I'm very happy about my collection, though it does take up a lot of space. Once I got netflix and realized half of the stuff I own is on there I thought "What a useless pile of shit," and now that I don't have netflix, I'm back to appreciating the fact that I own this stuff. I love lending movies out, makes me feel like they're still worth something. Been waiting for my copy of Near Dark back that my friend borrowed like 3 years ago, the rat bastard. 

I live near two great cinemas that show classics constantly

I'm so jealous! What city are you in? The only theater that shows film here is all the way across town and I can never align my schedule to get there on time. They're always doing horror marathons. Last 'Films' I saw were The Big Lebowski and Fear and Loathing on 4/20, that was a lot of fun.

Robyn

also if you're impressing girls by things you own, your personality is weak.

Yes, indeed. My personality is weak.

Quote from: Freddie on December 12, 2012, 11:25:22 AM
Wait, wait... There are girls that are into Godard?  What kinda parties are you going to? I need to get me one of those.

I'm going to a school where people are studying film, art, writing, creative storytelling, photo, etc, so most of my friends are into good art.